sixty-four; heated pt. 2

10:53pm

the atmosphere mixed with emotions coming from the boys as they tried to unfold what had just happened.

shock.

disappointment.

anger.

jin and namjoon alternated ringing min-soo's phone, only to get her voicemail

hoseok sat at the dining table stressed.

taehyung trying to calm jungkook as he swore to himself.

jimin pacing back and forth as he texted min-soo-- taking a peek in the direction of yoongi's room every now and then.

taehyung sighed, "any luck?"

everyone who attempted to contact the girl shook their head, somber gazes across their faces.

"instead of sitting around here and letting time pass, why don't we go out their and look for her."

namjoon looked towards the angry boy, "you know we can't-- with the press hanging around every corner, it'd only make things worse."

he rolled his eyes, but nonetheless returned to his seat.

as the room filled with separate conversations, jimin whispered to himself

"i hope yoongi's okay.."

jungkook let out a scoff, "you've got to be joking."

the room went silent as the two became the center of attention.

"jungkook, just leave it.."

"no! instead of being out there and looking for min like we should be- everyone's just sitting around and doing nothing!"

the closing of a door was heard before another figure entered the main room of the apartment.

the silence was a poison to them, for in that void of sound the shallowness of their conversation was laid bare. what used to be a barrage of arguing and heated moments was utterly vapid.

"look who decided to make an appearance.."

"jungkook, stop--"

"--no, jin hyung", the maknae stood from his seat beside taehyung, " if it wasn't for him, min-soo would still be here"

the male maknae fumed before grabbing his coat and heading out into the night. taehyung gave a concerned glance towards jimin before he followed after jungkook.

the ninety-five liner returned without jungkook.

"he already disappeared down the street."

-

no more than four hours ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon. the darkness was thick and the phone he carried in high right hand hardly lit his path allowing him to see at most an arm's reach in front of himself, and the mask that covered his face only made his sight worse.

other than the darkness and himself all that seemed to exist was the chilly wind that's harsh bite could be felt through his cloak. he could feel the hairs on his arm raised and the bite of the wind had left its mark in the form of small bumps that were tingling on his arms, but its bite was more than flesh deep. his blood ran cold through his veins and his bones were chilled.

if i'm this cold in a parka, min-soo..

the male maknae hurried his pace at the thought.

-

by the time he found her, she was drunk. her cheek rosy, whether from the cold or alcohol consumption, that wasn't of importance- what mattered was that she was safe.

"alright let's get you back to the house-"

she ripped her hand from his grasp. he turned, facing her tear stained face for the first time that night.

"i'm not going back there.. you heard him- i don't belong and i'm just a burden."

he grabbed her shoulders roughly, their faces centimeters apart.

"you are not a burden. without you, the rest of us wouldn't be okay. you're our glue, our rock when we feel weak. bangtan needs you, min-soo."

he rested his forehead against hers.

"i need you."

His eyes showed the kind of gentle concern my grandfather used to have. He laid his hand lightly on my shoulder, and instead of flinching like I usually did, I was soothed by it. He left his hand there and spoke with such a soft voice I felt his words calming me more by the way they were said than the actual words. It felt as if I were wrapped in a blanket of his caring. How could I not consider my actions now, now that I could see how profoundly they effected him too.