sixty-one; heated

as many people knew min-soo hated conflict, she would often avoid to the best of her abilities- (letting the other person have their way, agreeing to disagree, and etc.) which worked most of the time.

but that wasn't the case this time around.

the atmosphere was often stressful when it came to comeback season, not only did everyone want to showcase the new music- but how much they've improved as a performer.

~ ᪥ ❊ ᪥ ~

it was the second consecutive week of bangtan's ten hour practices, the stress of the latest comeback getting to everyone- min-soo especially.

since she was a girl, the stylists always had outfits made that are measured to fit her "comeback weight", which she had to reach.

so after the morning practice, the twenty year old found herself in the open gym for three hours- afterwards she freshened up and brainstormed new music. finally, she'd return to bighit for the late night practice- dancing and singing until the early hours of the morning.

--

all week during practice, min-soo had kept getting stumbling over herself- continuously messing up that one section of choreography.

she grew frustrated with herself, but she wasn't the only one. the rest of the room was tired- drenched in sweat, and just ready to go home for the day.

the choreographer sensed the building tension and called it quits, "alright you guys, we'll pick up tomorrow."

everyone sluggishly dispersed, collecting their belongings and heading out the door.

~ ᪥ ❊ ᪥ ~

the pencil scribbled and scratched as it rapidly crossed with the sheet of paper- ideas spewing from min-soo as she structured and applied finishing touches the project she needed to submit that night.

though she was running on four hours of sleep and an above average amount of caffeine, she was determined to do something right that week.

"are you almost done with this thing?"

yoongi stood in the center of the room- arms crossed as his expression was tired and annoyed. it was understandable where he was coming from, considering min-soo was in the same boat.

thanks for knocking

but she keep her thoughts and feelings to herself, not wanting to add more to the growing pounding within her head that seemed to become louder with each passing second.

"uh.. yeah, hold on-", the girl pinched the bridge of her nose- trying to release the throbbing sensation, before pushing away her bangs and returning to the screen. " i just need a few more minutes."

the male let out a scoff, "we don't have a few minutes."

min-soo didn't feel like arguing- it would get them nowhere, not to mention it would make her headache situation worse.

so she released her fist and let out a sigh. "yoongi, i'll have this to you in a bit.. just give me a fe-"

" what don't you fucking understand about we don't have a few more minutes min-soo! you were supposed to have this done by now!"

yoongi's yelling only made the excruciating pain worse. while he continued his rant, she rested her head against her desk. squeezing her eyes shut, min-soo willed the pain to go away.

"not everything revolves around you- god, you're so useless!"

min-soo froze in that moment- her heart going a mile a minute as her father's voice filled her head.

*flashback*

"what kind of nonsense is that?- wanting to become an idol.. smh"

peter hwa scoffed and returned his focus on the paperwork before him. it wasn't the first time she'd come up with a "crazy plan" such as this, one time she'd spoken highly about an artist- but peter was quick to shut down that fantasy before it got out of hand.

"i thought you were past the phase of a childish mindset.. god, you're useless."

*end of flashback*

"you gonna stare at the wall or actually get some work done for once?"

"get out."

yoongi was a bit taken back by her words, but was sure to stand firm. "what did you just say?"

"did i fucking stutter?", min-soo turned in the chair and faced the male, "I told you to get out."

he raised his brow, tongue poking out his cheek as he glared at the girl before him.

" I don't care if you're going through some shit, having a bad day, or whatever the fuck is wrong with you- but i'm not gonna let some disrespectful little bitch ruin what the others and i have worked hard for-"

his eyes narrowed at the small body before him, "so why don't you do us all a favor and take this seriously.. or better yet, leave."

that was the breaking point of min-soo's patience.
at that moment, she suddenly stood- sending the chair to floor and found herself blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, yet surprisingly satisfying.

" you want the music?! here-", she threw the flash drive at yoongi, "take it- take it all!"

she picked up various sheets of paper and notebooks, littered in music, and threw them at the man. min-soo didn't even know how she was angry until meeting eyes with yoongi again. everything about him just made her want to explode in that moment.

"just take the fucking files and leave, asshole!"

the bark of her voice even surprised her. yoongi looked at her through glaring red-rimmed eyes, his lips firmly pressed together.

she knew she should reign it in, apologize before she made it worse, but she just didn't have it in her to stop. her words crashed out unchecked, unaltered.

"get your damn head out of your ass and maybe you could see how much i'm actually trying!"

her second voice was urging her to stop, but this was an explosion in progress, no reverse gear, no dampeners.

min-soo's every word was clipped, punching into the air. she jabbed the air with a pointed finger at each utterance, her eyes narrowed and set hard...

"i may not have been here as long as you or the others, but i still contribute 110% to everything i do. so instead of trying to belittle me- get your shit together, you bastard."

and with that she pushed past him and out of the room. concerned stares followed her as she angrily snatched her coat and slipped a pair of shoes. as she reached for the door knob, hoseok's hand landed on the small girl's shoulder.

"min-ah, why don't you call down and we can talk-"

she shrugged off his attempt at comfort, eyes glued straight ahead. "there's nothing to talk about."

and with that, she was gone.