five; hanging with the boys

A GROGGY MIN-SOO WOKE TO A GUST OF COOL AIR BRUSHED AGAINST HER EXPOSED ARM. RUBBING AWAY LEFTOVER TIREDNESS, SHE LIFTED HER HEAD TO SEE HER WINDOW WIDE OPEN. deciding it was too early to deal with the current situation, the girl pulled her extra pillows from under her head and built a barrier around herself. letting her head drop to the cushion, min-soo let her drooping lids shut. moments later, the girl's grip tightened around the comforter, trying to contain as much body heat as possible.

min-soo's point of view:

after not being able to return to sleep, i left the room and saw emma standing at the end of the hall. we had a stare down, both knowing the other was planning to use the bathroom but i was definitely going to get the first shower.

" rock, paper, scissors to see who uses it first?"

" or... whoever gets there first!"

i yelled running towards the restroom. emma was shocked before she followed after me, a look of determination on her face. she was catching up as i turned the corner. the scattered boxes that littered the living room seemed like an obstacle, but i being the committed one i am, i leaped over them and ran into the bathroom, winning the first shower.

3rd person point of view:

the group, consisting of the boys and min-soo, were all together in the studio for the long-awaited recording session. each member received a sheet of their lines as min-soo set up everything. while the girl was out of earshot, the boys expressed their thoughts on the music out loud to one another.

" wow, these are really good--"

" --yeah way better than rap monster!"

" hey!--"

the bickering stopped as an instrumental began playing. min-soo sat behind a desk, pressing buttons and twisting dials as everyone looked at each other and nodded in approval at the beat. after the initial hearing of the songs were finished, min-soo moved on to explaining where everyone's part would go and how it'd fit. with the occasional distractions and unintentional switching of languages, the group shared laughs and overall understood the plan.

the boys decided the first song recorded, which ended up being 'not today'. first in the booth were suga, joon, and j-hope. as everyone's focus was on them, taehyung took in min-soo's features. the way her brows knit together and eyes slightly squint as she focused closely on the singers, a glimmer in them shining ever now and then. or how her slender fingers left their resting position on the buttons and dials in front of her to push up her falling glasses or tuck away loose hairs. all in all, he found her passion captivating.

" taehyung, look at this. taehyung-- what are you looking at?"

jungkook noticed his starstruck friend's gaze and followed it, only for it to land on min-soo. shaking his head and quietly laughing to himself, the maknae nudged taehyung and quietly teased him. the two bantered a bit more before it was their turn to sing. as the went in, taehyung tripped over a few wires but played it off as nothing-- jungkook laughed aloud, as did everyone else. a few moments later, everyone had regained composure and was ready to work once again.

many hours later and the songs were complete, they would've been finished earlier but the perfectionist side of min-soo always came through when it came to music. she closed the lid of her laptop as she left out a sigh, a giant weight being lifted off her shoulders. the girl adjusted the straps of her backpack as she let the studio door close behind her.

" min-soo!"

min-soo pushed up her glasses to fully see the maknae line, minus taehyung, approaching her. jimin and jungkook were bent over, trying to regain their breath while min-soo stared in confusion. after a few seconds, jungkook pointed at her and began talking.

" jin says you have to come home with us-- he's preparing gogigui and kimchi for dinner as a celebration for everyone's hard work."

" that sounds promising--"

before the girl could finish her sentence, she was lifted onto jungkook's shoulder. as they passed the secretary's desk, jimin smiled as if nothing was out of the ordinary. it wasn't until the familiar van pulled up beside the three that kook let min-soo down, she climbed in and claimed the seat in between the two. the entire trip was filled with laughing, badly angled selcas, and bonding between min-soo and the boys. everyone was ready for the next few hours.

one the car stopped outside of the apartment building, everyone filed out of the vehicle. min-soo had somehow ended up in jin's grasp as jungkook pestered her, a threat of getting hit with a wooden spoon was all it took for the young one to back off. min-soo laughed as she followed after jin into the dorm. he insisted the young girl joined the rest as simply watching the meal preparation would be tedious. min-soo wandered into the living room, claiming the empty spot next to jimin as the maknae line were about to start mario cart.

"do you play?"

" i'm just warning you now, i'm not that great."

six rounds later and the boys still hadn't won a single race against. taehyung's frustration led him to rage quit and disappear into the kitchen, min-soo chuckled to herself and ventured around to find someone else to hang out with. moments later, jimin, jungkook, and j-hope had gotten the girl to make an appearance in a broadcast before disappearing into another room. knowing suga, he was most likely sleeping, leaving only one person to check in on.

min-soo's knuckles softly met the wooden door as she announced her presence, only to hear a muffled 'come in' and the shuffling of paper. the girl entered the room and saw namjoon's body hunched over a desk. her light steps made it easier for the surprise attack on the male. wrapping her limbs around the concentrating boy, she hugged him and rocked side to side.

" namjoon hyung, why are you cooped up in your room? get up so we can have some fun!"

" i would love to, but i have to listen to these sample instrumentals"

"we can still have fun-- all i need is your clothes and a speaker "

rm gave a confused look at the girl but pointed to closet nonetheless, curious what the american girl had in mind. he suddenly burst out into laughter at the sight of min-soo's body being engulfed by his dress shirt, a tie being used as a headband instead of its actual purpose. the ridiculously dressed girl made her way into the living, joon close behind with the needed speaker and with a signal, he plays the samples. she began dancing wildly and almost immediately received laughs from the boys, j-hope joining in moments later. the impromptu dance party came to a stop as min-soo's phone started ringing. once again, the girl excused herself and stepped away to answer the call.

" you're leaving? but the food's not done yet.."

" i know and i'm sorry, jin-- but emma says there's something waiting at home."

" you talked to me informally!"

he playfully yelled, pulling the girl into a headlock. after a few seconds of play fighting, jin dismissed min-soo, him getting a quick hug during the process. going into the main area she gave everyone a hug, all except taehyung who got pulled down to her height she loudly whispered, making sure everyone could hear.

" you should really practice racing-- you suck"

tae shook his finger the sky and spoke in an obnoxiously loud voice as the girl ran out of the house. just as the door slammed behind her the members turned to him and laughed, teasing him about his not so great racing skills but nonetheless a boxy smile displayed on his face.