eight; overprotective boys

IT WAS SATURDAY, THE BOYS AND Y/N HAD THE DAY OFF BUT THAT WASN'T THE ONLY SPECIAL THING ABOUT TODAY. TODAY, WAS MIN-SOO'S HANGOUT WITH JACKSON. the nervous girl was currently laying in bed and staring into the abyss of her ceiling, thinking of the possible ways today could end horribly.

min-soo's point of view:

my nerves were frayed to the quick. in my building anxiety, i constructed elaborate rationalizations for why everything would turn out alright, but still, the nagging voice in the back of my mind spoke of nothing but doom ahead. before the thoughts got the best of me and i called off the whole thing, a knock was heard at my door and taehyung popped his head in through the door.

" min-soo! since we have the day off, do you want to play video games with me and jungkook?"

" taehyung hyung, i would love to... but i kind of have plans for the day--"

" ooh! is it with the jackson guy who texted you yesterday?"

" yes-- but i don't want you telling the guys."

he zipped his lips and threw away the imaginary key, his way of saying your secret is safe with me. i rolled over to the closet, opening the doors wide and contemplating what i should wear. sighing in defeat, i asked tae who gladly pushed me out of the way and picked out an outfit. while he was busy in the closet, i ventured out into the living room and found everyone sitting at the table for a late breakfast.

" min-min! grab a plate and help yourself!"

" thank you so much jin hyung! but, i'm actually not hungry."

i lied straight through my teeth, adding a small smile at the end. the oldest male gave me an uncertain look before brushing me and my excuse off. my phone went off, it was jackson. i made sure no one was behind me before opening the message.

jackson
hey, i'm almost there. i hope its ok i decided to pick you up last minute

just as i was going towards my room, jimin says he's going to go check the mail for a package. the thought of him seeing him and jackson starting a conversation had red flags all over it, so i grabbed the keys from his and said i'd do it. picking up the vase i dash inside, placing it on the living room coffee table, admiring the beautiful blue blossoms.

i better get ready, it's already twelve thirty. jogging back to my room, i see the laid-out outfit on my bed. i slip into a pair of distressed jeans, longer than my frayed ones, and layer a red tee over a white hoodie. i slip on my white vans as taehyung and i talk about random things. i can't stand still and my body jiggles excitedly as i freshen my makeup, which was a light coating of mascara and lip balm. checking the time, it's twelve fifteen. i better go.

" tae hyung, remember if they ask where i went, i'm spending the day with emma ."

" but wait! what if they ask for specifics?"

" just make something up"

" min, i don't think i can do this--"

" --bye!"

and with that, the h/c haired girl left a frightened taehyung in the hallway. the rest of bts knew something was up when the small girl left suddenly-- and they knew exactly how to figure out what it was. as taehyung entered the living room, the whole room's attention was on him. with a gulp, his adams apple bobbed violently and the intake of the air only made his throat even drier. he ran his wet tongue over his chapped bottom lip, not sure he'd be able to keep the little secret in.

with min-soo and jackson:

the tiny coffee shop huddled despondent among the huge city buildings. washed out under the overcast sky, it hunched in itself, fighting against the drizzle. hundreds of people rushed by it, outside on the crowded street. the half a dozen customers glanced up as the door swung open, heralded by a blast of chilly wind. unlike the outside, the interior of the shop was warm and cheery, with bright lights and colorful walls. the customers returned to their conversations as the door swung closed behind the new entrants and the cold breeze was forgotten.

the first attraction for me was the baked foods. they are tidily placed on the transparent glass cabinet, lining up and waiting for me to eat them all. there were different types of cakes like blueberry cheesecake, loaves, and cookies. the whole set of the bar allows customers to look at everything they could choose. it was an open kitchen style bar. bartenders were great with clean and ironed uniforms, smiling white tooth and fluent welcome speech. jackson had turned and whispered to me

" what are you getting?"

" just a mocha frappuccino-- but remember i'm paying."

just as i was going to hand my card to the cashier, he beat me to it once again. i playfully rolled my eyes as he shrugged and ventured further into the cozy area for a seat for the both of us. a few minutes later, i see jackson's tall-ish figure heading towards me with our order. with a smile, i thanked him and received my drink. my mocha warmed my cold hands as took occasional sips and talked with jackson.

with taehyung and the boys:

" so, do you know where min-soo went?"

i sucked in a shaky breath, feeling my throat constrict. panic rose like bile in my body. i suddenly didn't know how to speak. or breathe. i just sat blankly, staring up at the terror before me. my palms were clammy, and it was all i could do not to knot my fingers together. "she's with emma" i managed, the words rolling out of my mouth like tumbleweed. jimin stepped away from the makeshift questioning stand, yoongi hyung taking his place. my brain had shut down. i was clammy and there was the glisten of a cold sweat gathering on my forehead. i could feel my eyes widening as if hyung was coming to deliver the fatal blow.

" i can't take it anymore! min-soo went out with her friend jackson and now they're on a date at the cafe downtown--"

the boys of bagtan looked at yoongi in astonishment, just how much was he capable of at one glance? but that was beside the main focus. the main focus was to interrupt the date and bring min-soo back home. the six filed out of the home and into the van, leaving taehyung tied to the kitchen chair.