nineteen; mixed feelings

MIN-SOO'S JAW DROPPED ONCE SHE SAW THE REMINDER ON HER PHONE, HOW COULD SHE FORGET? IT WAS TWO WEEKS UNTIL HER GRANDMOTHER'S BIRTHDAY-- MIND YOU THIS WOMAN IS THE WHOLE REASON MIN-SOO IS THE TALENTED MUSICIAN SHE IS. min-soo threw off the blanket that was covering her and jackson, rushing to the spare room in emma's apartment that contained a keyboard. a groggy jackson followed behind the frantic girl, whining and pouting as she was his pillow.

3rd person point of view:

min-soo decided on making 'butterfly' into an actual song for her to play for grandmother. scribbled a few words down as she played her grandmother's song. jackson had moved from the door frame to the empty chair next to min-soo, who was completely focused on the music; he could see the passion within her eyes and didn't know what he found more beautiful the music or her. the dark haired male occasionally played a note or two for min-soo as she tried piecing together measures.

the setting sun poked through the sheer curtains of the room, min-soo satisfied with the amount of work she'd done. she and jackson played one specific piano part she was planning on altering a bit-- their hands brushing against one another's. the glasses wearing girl looked over to jackson, only to see he was already looking at her, his eyes drinking her appearance; flickering back and forth from her eyes and lips. he knew she didn't love him back, but he couldn't resist. he leaned in a little closer, their foreheads touching. dear god, he couldn't fight against the thoughts that were going through him. her very smell was flooding his senses now...

min-soo's point of view:

shifting sideways, he looks at me, his eyes glistening in the darkness. i know what is coming and glance away, then shyly look back at him. his hand reaches below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek. suddenly I see him, his eyes revealing more than his words can express. my lips part and our breaths mingle. my heart flutters as he draws me to his lips. it was a delicate butterfly of a kiss. i realized what was happening and broke the kiss, hands resting on his chest while letting out a sigh.

" i-i think i should go.."

gathering my songwriting book and laptop, i rushed out of emma's apartment, ignoring jackson's calls after me. as i drove towards the dorm, i pulled over by some beach and watched the sunset and contemplated everything. just as i was heading back to my car, i felt the vibration of my phone, an incoming phone call. i answered it expecting it to be jackson but was caught off guard.

" hi yes is this min-soo hwa? we're calling on behalf of your grandmother's now critical condition-- is now a good time to talk?"

3rd person point of view:

the doctor said her health had been getting worse, but this sudden decline is unusual in elderly people. his words repeated in min-soo's head as she drove home, her knuckles becoming more evident as she held a death grip on the wheel. the car was completely silent as she made her way home.

the girl was met with cheers and happy greetings as she entered the house. the boys immediately seeing something was wrong with the girl, but decided against pestering her as she claimed to be tired. min-soo ignored the concerned looks and shuffled to her room, locking the door as she sat on the edge of the bed staring at her own reflection; she felt the prickling sensation of tears but she didn't cry-- she can't even remember the last time she cried, for some reason min-soo had always seen it as a sign of weakness.

with the boys:

the boys all looked at each other not entirely sure what was happening. they'd all voted on jungkook and taehyung to check on her since she seemed the closest with the two. jungkook had pushed tae forwards as they walked to the end of the hallway, stopping in front of min-soo's door. he gripped the handle and turned it, but to his dismay, the door was locked which was unusual-- min-soo only locked her door when she was changing or working. tae looked back to jungkook, who simply shrugged before the two retreated back to the group. something was definitely up.