forty; euphoria (mv)

→ ❈ ⍭ ✺ ⍭ ❈ ←

→ ❈ ⍭ ✺ ⍭ ❈ ←

as the video opens up with v jumping off the structure, it cuts to a flashback of the boys' pasts ( jungkook in the alley, jimin in the bathroom, suga in the burning room, v stabbing his dad, rm dropping the cigarette, j-hope overdosing ), these memories continue until v looks directly into the camera-- that's when jin realizes everything.

as jin places the white flowers and walks to the window, he looks over the reality he's now created. jungkook is seen saving suga from the fire, hope is distraught as he looks away from jimin, rm picks up the money-- standing parallel to jin, jungkook gazes over the city.

once the shot returns to jin, back in room, he's smiles slightly before looking down to his side where min-soo is seen sporting the same attire ( an oversized dress shirt and black shorts). the male places his hands on her exposed chest, removing it to reveal a heart-shaped pendant. the two return their focus to the window, which is showing jimin.

the scene is continually cutting between jimin running with the boys and just by himself. as he gets closer to the door, it switches to min-soo playing the piano briefly. once jimin opens the door, it goes to jungkook on top of the building-- smiling.

-

min-soo and the boys are seen running on top of a building, her eyes landing on jimin and he takes in the outside world-- her smile faltered as his grew.

it cuts to pictures of the boys, min-soo only appearing in the background of a few. then jungkook and suga are seen sitting with each other while everyone else waves from the roof of a nearby building-- jin looks towards min-soo.

jungkook is then shown walking through an opening by himself, but shortly after the rest of bangtan join. the scene switches to min-soo recording jungkook as jin smiles at the sight of them.

-

rm reaches out for v and pulls him up from the mattress, everyone pats v on the back as they circle around him.

jungkook and suga are the first to stand in the shot.

it cuts back to jimin, alone and bored, in the hospital as he looks over his shoulder at the door.

jungkook and suga are now joined by jimin and j-hope as they face the camera as well.

jimin is once again in the hospital, only this time he seems to be playing around by himself.

v and rm join the other four in the shot, smiles going around.

jimin is riding a bike as jungkook laughs and chases after him. the scene switches to min-soo getting a piggyback ride from jin, her smile the widest it could be.

lastly, jin and min-soo run hand in hand to join the five boys. the color fades in this scene-- as well min-soo's bright expression.

-

jungkook walks along a wall, hands out as if he's tight-roping. he smiles and quickly jumps down as he spots the rest of the group-- running and hugging suga as the group acknowledges his presence. min-soo sits on the far end, next to jin, as she looks out on the water and is deep in thought. everyone turns to look at the camera except for her.

-

as piano music starts to play, the truck stops near the structure from the beginning. all of bangtan exits the truck and walk towards the wall-- min-soo falling behind as she stares at the structure with no emotion.

everyone turns their focus to the figures on top of the rusted metal-- v seems confused. the camera goes from a closeup on jin and min-soo, to a wide pan view.

the boys laugh and point out the two, v's expression falling the more he looked at the metal. jin pulls down his hood and takes out the camera, recording the boys and the water. the camera focuses on the water before falling into it. the screen shows v falling into the water in reverse-- then switches to min-soo standing alone on the structure. the camera focuses on her fist, which drops a snake-shaped pendant before it fades to black.

jin is seen in a white room by himself, the corners of his mouth lifting as he looks into the camera.