eleven; cheeky halmoni

THE CLANKING AND CLASHING OF POTS WASN'T IDEAL FOR THE HUNGOVER GIRL. MIN-SOO OPENED HER EYES TO THE DIMLY LIT ROOM, THOUGH IT WAS DAY-TIME NO ONE OPENED THE CURTAINS-- SUNLIGHT PEEKING THROUGH THE MEETING POINT OF THE THICK DRAPES. she squints, dry mouth sticky with thick saliva and moans before she retreated underneath the duvet.

min-soo wrapped herself in the duvet, waves of nausea adding to her misery. her phone pinged with message after message, some of them from jackson; his had was a special ring. her brain felt like it would swell beyond the capacity of her skull and now her dehydration was too obvious to ignore. she would have to roll down the hallway. again her stomach lurched and gurgled. perhaps some painkillers would help too. she raised her heavy eyelids half way only for them to fall shut. she raised them again and swung her bare feet to the floor. it was cold and sticky underfoot, she must have missed that earlier. one bleary look in the mirror told her what she'd been doing last night, late night drinking apparently. she sank back into bed; too many things to do, so much noise, and she could swear her head was about to burst.

" minmin! come on, get up! we have to at big hit because manager hobeom has an important announcement!"

the words were shouted by j-hope as he and jimin danced around her room. the girl grew irritable at the noise, her eyes slowing opening and meeting with the energetic boys. her glare sucked something out of the both of them. they visibly wilted before her first clipped word was uttered. for such a small woman, her mannerisms brought the temperature down in the room. min-soo's glare was the only message they needed. they left the room with their heads low, jimin pushing j-hope out of the room as if he would die in the next few moments.

min-soo was more aware of her newly found annoyance than the layer of dehydrated saliva that coated her cracked lips. once on her feet, the room swayed almost causing her to lose balance and she reached out for the wall. her hand slipped and she sprawled on the hardwood with a crashing thump. the room swirled before becoming stationary again and she used the bedstead to pull herself to standing. this feeling meant she'd had some fun the night before but somehow it wasn't there in her memory. perhaps jungkook would know since the two were always together. she smacked her lips and her stomach turned in an unfriendly way. perhaps jackson would help her, he always knew the best breakfast places. but first, she had the small journey to negotiate. she dug her phone out of her jeans pocket to text him; replying to emma during the process.

after changing into a decent outfit; a black turtleneck, a grey overcoat and the jeans from the previous night, min-soo slipped on her roshes and oversized glasses, satisfied with the look. the car ride was abnormally silent, due to the fact that the boys of bagtan were warned about min-soo's scariness when awakened.

min-soo's point of view:

the meeting only lasted about fifteen minutes, which i was thankful for-- hobeom told us something along the lines of award show in america and working with steve aoki. jackson was more than happy to take me out to breakfast, mostly so he could make fun of me in my current state, but none the less so we could catch up. the humming of the car's engine died out as the dark-haired male parked and removed the keys. i buried my head into his shoulder, my eyes struggling to cope with the sunlight as we walked into the restaurant-- even with the large sunglasses.

" jackson, dear, you're back-- and with min-soo!"

i couldn't help but crack a smile at jae-eun's cheeriness, even if moving my facial muscles sent waves of pain throughout my head. she guided us to a table farthest away from direct sunlight and disappeared into the kitchen, only to reappear second's later with two breakfast plates.

" i call this dish, 'the hangover'-- kinda figured that's why you're wearing those obnoxious glasses and hiding from the sun like a vampire."

we accept the food and share a chuckle. the first twenty minutes were filled with a comfortable silence as we ate. jackson dramatically cleared his throat before initiating the conversation-- he mentioned how his group was having a show in town and he wanted me to come. i agreed to come, smiling like an idiot at his giddy dance moves.

just as we were leaving, jae-eun pulled me aside. i gave her a confused look as she patted my back and placed something in my palm. i opened my hand and immediately grew warm in the face at the sight of the latex rubber. i shoved the reflective package into my pocket as i rushed out of the restaurant. jackson cocked his head as he spoke to me.

" what happened?"

" n-nothing..."