forty-one; babysitting

MIN-SOO PULLED THE SPIDERMAN BACKPACK OVER HER SHOULDER AS SHE WAVED OFF A BOWING EMMA; TAKING THE SMALL CHILD'S HAND INTO HER OWN. though min-soo wasn't fond of children, (especially the small ones), but the girl found herself babysitting for the afternoon because emma forgot about a date she had.

min-soo grip the steering wheel as the vehicle came to a red light, pushing up her glasses; meeting eyes with sejun, who gave a wide smile-- that fell to a smirk once the older girl averted her eyes.

---

sejun swung his and min-soo's connected hands back and forth as they waited for someone to answer the door. the muffled chatter and patter against the hard floor were followed by a sequence of locks opening before a face appeared-- taehyung's to be exact.

he flashed a tired smile at min-soo, stepping to the side as she walked in; tae also rubbed his eyes at the small person following behind.

" who's thi--"

" --hold that thought."

the girl walked off to answer the call, leaving sejun standing awkwardly in the midst of seven men. tae exchanged glances with jungkook as all of bangtan stared at the kid.

" pd wants me to come in to check some music-- i won't be long"

sejun gripped the straps of his backpack as he stared at the closed door. hoseok brought himself to the child.

" i'm hoseok or hobi, what's your name?"

" min-soo's future husband-- we'll call you if we need someone to pull the carriage."

a mischievous smirk plastered on his face as he turned to the grown men. the five year old kicked off his shoes and made his way over to the couch. everyone held some sort of surprised expression at the kid's sudden change in behavior. jimin shook his head as was next to approach.

" you're quite the comedian-- but you'll have to wait until you get a little bigger"

" i guess we'll wait together."

jimin's smile falling to a straight line at the comment. he retreated into the kitchen where yoongi's quiet chuckles were barely heard. as jimin sulked, jungkook prepared himself.

sejun scribbled away in a coloring book, him being totally unaware of jungkook's presence. the older male tapped on the page before holding his hands behind his back and displaying a smug grin.

" you should really respect your hyungs"

" i will-- when you stop letting you hair dresser turn you into a coconut."

" you know what you little shi--"

namjoon had retrieved jungkook before he could go off on the five year old. he rubbed his temples as tried thinking of ways to keep 3/7 of bangtan from killing the kid. he pushed the fuming men into the closest room as he spoke to sejun.

" why don't you go into the kitchen and he'll will get you some cookies-- or something."

jin glared at namjoon's back before softening his gaze at the small child ahead of him-- passing a plate of cookies and milk.

" i can't have that-- lactose intolerant and i was taught not to take things from strangers"

" i'm not a stranger, i'm jin!"

" well jin, you sure are a strange man-- parading around a kitchen in a pink apron... are you gay?"

jin dropped the nice act and left the little boy alone in the kitchen, rushing away to namjoon and the rest of the group.

" that little brat just questioned my sexuality."

" --well"

" --go put on a movie or something. in the meantime, get out of my room so i can sleep."

---

all of bangtan, except for yoongi had sat through the movie-- sejun fast asleep since ironman is " an engine powered rust bucket who doesn't his attention". min-soo had arrived and collected the sleeping boy, as well as his belongings, and journeyed towards emma's apartment.

the boys all let out relieved sighs as the troublesome child left-- hoping they wouldn't have to see him ever again. namjoon was on the verge of sleep before a shout was uttered and yoongi entered the living room with 'sejun' across his forehead.