thirteen; welcome to america

THE ALARM SOUNDED LIKE THE HORN OF A JUGGERNAUT. BLARING, UNCEASING, CRIPPLING THE THOUGHTS AND ASSAULTING THE EARS OF MIN-SOO. it was infuriating, it grated the nerves, it made her grind her teeth until it was done. but it was very effective.

it was four a.m and min-soo was slowly dozing off. she was supposed to be helping taehyung pack but had only come into his room to steal a hoodie and few more minutes of sleep. the frantic male gave up on the sleeping girl and began throwing whatever he could into the open suitcases. with the feeling of success, tae place his luggage by the door and shook min-soo awake-- with caution of course.

by five twenty-three the group had gone through security and were seated comfortably on the plane, awaiting the long journey to start. the seating arrangement was pretty simple: yoongi and min-soo next to each other because they wanted nothing more than to sleep, the maknae line taking up the three seaters, hoseok and jin by one another leaving namjoon next to the manager to talk about important things.

just as the plane was preparing to take off, min-soo's phone vibrated and lit up; jackson's name coming to display. unfortunate the girl was already far asleep and didn't see the message.

jackson
i know you're sleeping right now (which is funny because you never grow yet you're always sleeping) but stay safe in and don't take food from strangers no matter how tempting it is

the group trudged through the airport, the loud screams of fans and intense flash from cameras adding to the madness. min-soo was thankful for deciding to bring sunglasses and a baseball cap as it shielded her from the temporary blindness the quick lights gave. she walked in beside jimin, holding onto the straps of her backpack as he rolled her suitcase along.

the girl relaxed as she slumped in her seat, the boys following suit as the van was off to the rented home. the jet lag sucked at her like some colossal leech on her energy, if she stopped moving for a second she would fall asleep; that's exactly what happened. bagtan slightly got worried since one of them would have to wake the sleeping girl. their time for decision making ran out as they pulled up outside of their home for the week.

" you do it!"

" no, last time i did, i almost died!"

" you're just overexaggerating--"

" then you wake her up!"

" what? no."

" just shut up-- i'll do it."

everyone watched in astonishment as the male woke min-soo with ease. if it were anyone else, the boys were one hundred percent sure she'd go ballistic. though she woke up easily, min-soo began acting like a child-- clinging and cuddling yoongi's side as they walked into the house. the house was a series of rectangles constructed of steel and glass. it was unapologetically modern. it stood amidst the manicured lawn as if beamed there rather than constructed. the roof was flat and there was no visible chimney. the front door was metallic and opened with both a keypad and biometric scanner. inside was minimalist. the walls were fashionable shades of white and the floor polished concrete. there was no sentimentality for chintz but on the walls were the most astonishing black and white photographs. there was no clutter of shoes or jackets; no clutter of any kind. the only organic matter in sight were white orchids on the dark cherry coffee table. the kitchen was large enough for an army of chefs, there were two ovens and acres of brown-flecked white granite on which to prepare food. upstairs every room was en-suite with a plasma screen, a king-sized bed and a walk-in wardrobe.

yoongi gently placed min-soo down on the mattress; having to fight a bit since the unconscious girl maintained looped around the male's neck. he untied her sneakers and tossed them into a nearby corner. as he moved the duvet over the min-soo's body, he removed her glasses and placed them on the bedside table. he whispered 'goodnight', leaving the room to join the rest downstairs.