three; first meeting

SINCE THERE WAS A RATHER LARGE TIME GAP BETWEEN NEW YORK AND SEOUL, THIRTEEN HOURS TO BE EXACT, MIN-SOO FOUND HERSELF UNABLE TO SLEEP AT THREE A.M. SHE SIGHED IN FRUSTRATION AFTER MULTIPLE FAILED ATTEMPTS TO GET TO SLEEP. min-soo rolled to the farthest side of the bed, to get closer to the desk, which ultimately led to her body meeting the cold floor. she tensed and waited for any sounds of movement. satisfied with the silence, the girl slid into the seat and turned on her computer, the low humming of the device breaking the barrier of silence. once the laptop turned on completely, min-soo cracked her knuckles and neck before returning to the screen that illuminated her face.

" i've got seven hours and a bunch of energy, let's make some music."

next morning:

" min-soo! get up! you have thirty minutes to get ready for the meeting with management today!"

a tired 'huh' left the girl's lips before her eyes widened in realization. the two devised a plan, in which min-soo would take care of the hygienic part and emma would find her and be in charge of the rest. they nodded at each other then disappeared to do their assigned tasks. min-soo pushed herself from the desk, running to the restroom and immediately stripping.

emma on the hand was struggling to get the suitcase open since it had been so tightly packed. she tried all that came to mind, even jumping on it (which ended with her on the floor). giving up on the first bag, she moved to the second largest and to her luck it opened with ease. picking out something simple, a plain white shirt with ripped jeans, emma put it out on the bed and packed up her friend's backpack. as she left the room, she couldn't help but overhear min-soo singing. the door opened, revealing a startled towel wrapped min-soo.

" your such a good singer! why don't you sing your own music?"

" it's--"

" it'll have to wait! hurry up and finished getting ready! i'll be in the car."

and with that emma rushed out of the shared apartment, leaving min-soo naked in the hall. emma's question left the girl to think as she dressed. sure someone who writes songs is expected to sing but bittersweet memories of the past seemed to make that impossible. her smile faltered at the thought, a quiet sigh left her mouth as she finished getting ready. grabbing her backpack and a light jacket, min-soo was out the door.

min-soo's point of view:

as soon as emma came to a stop in front of the building, i ran to the entrance. stepping into the place, the place was nice and seemed to run orderly. after regaining steady breathing, i made my way to the secretary's desk. i told her who i was and my business here, but then realized i said it all in english when she looked at me dumbfounded. i translated and she gave me a smile and told me to wait. not even five minutes later a man entered, pulling me into a hug.

" there she is! our new american star! we can't wait to have you aboard!"

as he broke the hug he began smiling, his eyes creasing as well. the male introduced himself as hobeom, one of the boys' managers. after the formalities, he gave me a tour of the area. the music room was beautiful. a grand piano was tucked slightly in the corner as there was a wall full of a few handheld instruments and across the wall was a sectional, a small coffee table just in front of it. i went further into the room and discovered a door that led to a recording booth, my eyes lighting up at the nice equipment. a few moments had passed before hobeom suggested we go meet the boys.

the older man led the way as i mentally prepared myself. what if they don't like me? everyone knows if you don't have a good connection with your songwriter then you can't make the right music. i was drawn out of my thoughts by hobeom turning to me as he turned the knob of a door. the bright lights bounced off the mirrors and illuminated the rehearsal room.

" alright boys, this is the new edition to the team, min-soo!"

and with that, i was alone with them. i was alone with bts, and seemed to be having a staring competition with them. the first to approach me was namjoon, who most recognized as rapmonster or rm for short. he smiled as he extended his hand out to me and started talking.

" so, i hear you're from new york? that's dope!"

i smiled at his initiation of conversation instead of staring at me like the rest were. the tall male must have noticed my gaze because he then told the guys off for staring like perverts. they all looked elsewhere and pretend to be interested in other things. i look down to avoid eye contact, my glasses slipping forward.

just as i was reaching to push them forward, the shortest of them beat me to it, pushing them up before taking them and wearing them himself. soon enough, everyone had tried them on, their eyes going wide at my strong prescription. the short one from before returned my glasses, then introduced himself.

" jimin."

the rest caught on and introduced themselves, all except one who seemed to be in a trance. jungkook had nudged him causing him to jolt. the maknae said something under his breath, which lead to the boys erupting in laughter and the embarrassed boy to scratch his head.

" i'm v."