Chapter 1. The reunion

I woke up in my uncomfortable bed ready for another day of shitty school. I walked into the bathroom and had a shower before walking back into my room. I opened up my closet and got my clothes out.

I moved onto my makeup

I was known as the bad girl who fell in with the wrong crowd

I was known as the bad girl who fell in with the wrong crowd. But I was in with the right crowd. I only brushed my hair and let it flow down my back. I rummaged through my draws to try and find my cigarettes but I'm guessing my parents took them, again. My parents were strict, they worked as inventors somewhere. I walked down the spiral staircase of the house I lived in. Breakfast was already laid on the table along with my cigarettes. I sat down at the table and started eating the bacon and eggs that were on my plate. When I had finished I picked up my cigarettes, put them in my jacket, picked my bag up at drove to school.

When I arrived I saw the sign for 'Atlas Academy' the place where nightmares become a reality. I parked in my usual parking spot and walked over to my friends. I got my packet of cigarettes and started smoking. I saw my old friend Gertrude handing out flyers. I walked over to the only person I was still friends with, Nico. She was like me in a way. We had always been friends nothing went down between us. Unlike the rest of the old group.

I was sat in class when Gert was saying a speech. I couldn't be asked to listen so I went on my phone. "We hear so much lip service about women's empowerment, as if women aren't already powerful, but, I mean, do you ever hear anyone talking about masculine authority? Of course not! Because it's already baked into the concept, am I right? My point is that the system needs to be dismantled, which is why I'm starting a new club on campus, undermining the patriarchy. We can celebrate our self-worth while taking down the man! I only need four members for the club to be officially recognized by the school." She said. I must have yawned a bunch of times.

"so Gert has prepared some literature, so just raise your hand if you're interested, and she will sign you up.
You have until the bell for first period." Our teacher told us. I forgot what her name was. Gert walked back to her seat like she was upset. "Any other announcements?" She asked us. It was too late we were packing up all of our stuff ready to leave.