Chapter 14: A Mile in Younger Shoes Part 2

In the city of Callabasta, in the year 2129, the yearly festival was taking place. It was held by the Lady Governor Medea who cared for everyone in her city. She was kind and wanted to help fill the large gap between the rich and poor. However during the parade a lost child, a boy, had wondered into the parade, a nine year old Arion Harrison.

Medea found him terrified and alone and found he had no idea of where he was from. Medea then kindly picked him up and took him with her, vowing to find his family. Little did anyone know, with one exception, that Arion had done this once before.

 Using the Cerebral cortex, properly this time, he was reliving his time in Callabasta as a child to recover the memories that are either fuzzy or beyond remembrance. With Diana, Arion was to 'Accelerate' his five month period in the town of Callabasta however as he became aware of his goal...he began to notice something wrong. The first of which...as he held Medea's hand.

Medea was gently walking Arion up to the front door of her mansion with her husband Alexander behind her. Arion could feel her gentle and warm hand clasped around his, yet he was perfectly calm. His thoughts tried to reason why. "For as long as I can remember, my fear has ruled my life. I'm not sure when, but I know I was very young indeed. Yet with Medea I'm fine...why is that? I'm still scared of my own mother...so why not her?"

Medea opened the front door and gestured out to the foyer "Well Arion, this is my home. And I gladly welcome you to it" to Arion, and his new smaller perspective, the already large mansion felt colossal

"It's really big in here" said Arion almost unconsciously

"Not really...you're just small is all" she said chuckling to herself

"Medea are you really going through with this?"

Medea turned round to Alexander who wore a grumpy expression "It's bad enough you had to stop the parade but was it necessary to bring him here?"

"Well we couldn't just leave him" said Medea almost scolding him "As you agreed he is not from around here"

"I was merely pointing out his clothes are strange that is all Medea"

"Well regardless I'll be looking after Arion, at least until we find his family or friends"

"And what if you can't?" Medea paused for a moment simply looking at Alexander with serious eyes "I might as well not say anything"

"Don't you think Zach will like the company?"

Alexander sighed a tired sigh as if he knew that Medea wasn't going to change her mind "Fine...do what you want. Now if you'll excuse I have business to take care of" Medea watched him walk away and then knelt down to Arion's level

"Don't worry Arion...I'll help you find your family" said Medea with a wide smile "so in the meantime you can stay with us"

"Oh...okay" Arion once again spoke without thinking

"Now then would you like to meet with my son? He's a little older than you but you'll get along nicely"

Arion then became shifty and almost anxious which Medea immediately noticed "What's wrong Arion?"

"It's umm...umm" Arion wanted to say 'Fear of Touch' but he couldn't forge the words "I can't meet...new...people"

"Oh...then let me see" Medea gently placed a hand on Arion's head and for a moment her eyes glowed white "You have Haphephobia. An indirect but very severe phobia"