Chapter 96B: The Second Round of a Long Bout

Primus swung his arms to slice at Arion who, himself blocked them. Using the blades himself, Arion expertly parried each shot that was made upon him. As Primus went to slide down at Arion, he instead sway to the side, and went down for a low kick managing to trip Primus up. Arion then went to thrust an energy blast into Primus, only to find a hand thrust in-front of his face.

They both fired their charged energy blasts, Arion sent backwards to the ground and skidding on his back while Primus struck the ground, and bounced with him flipping to his feet. Arion had to back-roll to a crouch to stop himself, immediately cringing as he held his face "Ow...ow...ow-ow-ow!"

"Did it really hurt that much?" said Primus who, almost on instinct, rubbed his bruised face "Good!"

"How is it...you have the power of ice?" Arion said bringing his hands away from his scuffed face "That power came from Callabasta's Cerebral stone, as far as I know you never got it"

"True...but in one technicality I did kill the servant of Plan Cerebral"

"No you didn't. I know you tried to impale me as a kid, but I'm still here"

"Maybe the you fighting me...so I suppose so" Arion flinched to his odd remark "but in truth, I've got the power in technicality"

For Arion's friends, they too were muddled "He...got the power of ice on a technicality?" repeated Ellen "what the heck does that mean?"

"Even I'm not entirely sure" said Eon who sounded honest "I know that Primus did try to kill Arion...but that Cell-transplant procedure saved him"

"But then...something doesn't add up" said Yuki "I thought Primus can only get powers from the Cerebral stone by touching them, or killing the disciple who's to inherit it"

"Well...did Callabasta have a disciple besides Arion?" asked Ariana

"No...it didn't. At this point...not even I'm sure how he came to the power of ice, and for me to say that...is concerning"

"All we can do...is watch and see what else this man can do" said Ellen who closed her eyes, and reopened them to show the black spiky rings over her grey plain eyes "Let's see what you're hiding" for Serena though, she looked a bit concerned

"Arion...what's wrong with you?"

The sting of the energy blast to his face had worn off, Arion readying himself once more "Well then...let's proceed on" said Primus who charged forward

"Yes...let's" Arion thrust both his hands forward, shooting a beam of lightning at Primus. Primus responded by crossed his arm blades to harmlessly block, and deflect the lightning "How's that?"

"Well done...that's one small advantage you have over me. I don't have that ability"

"And you're telling me this why?"

"Because...I pity you. I've got a fairly good grasp now of your basic stats. Your limitations will soon become known"

"If you say so...bring it!"

"I will"

Primus dashed forward, Arion at the ready, as he jumped and spun round with two kicks. Arion ducked under the first, and blocked the second before thrusting both hands forward at Primus firing an electric beam. Primus again used his icicle arm blade to deflect it again, and as he landed thrust forward his hand dealing a blunt palm to Arion's chest.

Arion once more kept his footing, rubbing his chest, before he retaliated with a barrage of energy blasts. Primus sprinted forward, deflecting them away from his body until he approached Arion and dealt a right hook to his face. Arion reacted with a punch to Primus' face and chin but Primus brought back down his head, head-butted Arion's face and then with rapid punches struck Arion several times.