Chapter 73: The Darkness of Curiosity

Arion, Ariana had arrived at Callabasta as a detour of sorts, to be able to reach the Parallel dimension. It was only meant to be a short stop...but the burden on the siblings minds was now evident to be crushing them. Stemmed from mainly their crumbling convictions and harsh rejection of their Mother, the two began to question...if their home...was even a 'home' at all'.

Arion and Ariana felt abandonment, seeing their respective caregiver families give them a home...they felt they've never once had where they were born. It was now becoming obvious, their recent event with their Mother had hurt both of them...somewhere deep in the core of their mental beings. Arion, already inflicted with some torment, hit a little worse.

Medea, pushing away the weepy Arion, looked upon him. He was no longer crying, but still quietly whimpering "Arion...dear. You...have been through a lot haven't you"

"Mother" Zack said behind her "I'll take Arion to my room. I think he...needs a bit of alone time right now" Medea nodded

"Arion...go and take five minutes. Come back when you've calmed down...okay?" Arion softly nodded "good boy" Zack went behind Arion, with a pat to his back

"Come on buddy...let's go"

Zack led Arion outside of the room, to those waiting for him. He saw Cora and Yuki wearing sympathetic gazes, Diana catching his sight before looking away and his sister...hurt like he was. Ariana too had stopped crying, evidence of her tears still riddled on her face, but was depressed. Arion gestured an encouraging arm to his sister, Ariana going to him to which he put arm round her

Zack walked on Arion's other side, with with a hand on his back "I'll just take you to our room Arion, let you two recover for a bit"

"Sorry for...the trouble Zack" Ariana said feebly

"Think nothing of it. You can come back...when you feel up to it" the girls could only the siblings being led on, feeling helpless to truly help them. Medea came out and saw them with a heavy heart

"Arion...if only I knew about this...I could've helped you" she said bitterly

"I wouldn't go down that route Medea" Cora said "I think we all knew Arion and Ariana's relationship with their Mother was never good...but we never knew he and she felt like that"

"It's best for now...we let them both recover" Yuki said a little helpless "or least regain a little of their composure"

"Yes I agree" Medea said sadly.

Medea made a sad sigh turning to the other "I...wish to know all what's happened at home. Although it's rude of me to ask...I need to ask all of you to share what you know"

"I think there's nothing rude about it" Cora said "I can see...you love him like your own child" she said admirably "Compared to his birth mother..."

"You seem to give a dam about him" said Yuki finishing the sentence "and I know Ariana was completely happy when she was with Cora and Kei. At this rate...they may even move"

"Is there any place we can talk?" Diana asked "At least that way we can tell you and introduce ourselves better"

"We can use the study" Medea said gesturing with her arm "come on in"

Cora followed after Medea as she stepped inside but as Yuki was about to go in "Diana...what is it?" she saw Diana's heavy expression