Chapter 100: The End of a Long Road

The battle between Arion and Primus, or truthfully the lingering will of Omega, was over. Despite Omega's last resort to actually damage Arion's soul, he was able to win with help of those close to him. Arion was now tired, and somewhat cold – which Yuki remedied with a kiss and her cloak over him – but otherwise he was fine.

Everyone of his friends gathered round him "Arion...are you well?" asked Alicia to concern

"I'm alright – achoo – sorry" he said shivering slightly "I'm just...a bit under the weather right now that's all. And I think...I've caught a cold, achoo!" he shivered again

"Let's check the forehead" said Cora feeling he was quite warm "You are somewhat hot, but the battle should be over now. So no need to stress yourself"

"Is it?" said Eon hovering over "Let's not forget...that with Omega gone, the other soul Primus is now free"

"Yeah...I suppose so" said Arion "I still wish...Omega didn't have to go"

Arion called back to how Omega...just wished to succumb and give I "Dammit Omega...if only you weren't so stupidly stubborn"

"You can't change the mind of someone who doesn't to change" Cora told him "That...and I think he was beyond saving. Many millennia of doubt, despair and hate...had probably corrupted him beyond belief"

"Maybe so..." Arion sneezed twice in a row

"Come on...let's go wrap this up and get you to bed" Cora pushed him along to where Primus laid

"You're not leaving us behind" said Serena going with them.

Primus was waking up, slowly starting to stir "Ummm...ahhh"

"Primus..." said Sarly being by his side "Are you alright?"

"Sarly...my sister?" Sarly shrugged her shoulders "Oh yes...we lost who we were didn't we?" as he sat up, he felt empty inside "My body...it feels hollow"

"Omega...has gone Primus" said Arion coming over huddled under Yuki's cloak "Omega has drowned in the sea of his own despair, more or less (Achoo) and you're free" Yuki, Serena and Cora had joined him

"Oh yes...Omega is gone. I now have...control of me...again"

Compared to before, Primus now sounded empathetic or unmotivated "It's been so long since...I and he met together that, I don't even know who I am anymore"

"Do you know...when you met him?" Yuki asked

"All I know...is that I felt broken inside, my will power having gone that I met. It was then I heard his whisper, and his promise of a brighter future...and you know the rest"

"So...was it you who did this to everyone?" Serena asked gesturing to the shadow warriors still tormented for their 'existence'

"In my...weakened mental state, Omega's will began to overlap with mine. To be honest...I can't even say whether it was me, Omega's will...or just even fusion of both of us. Still...at this point it doesn't matter"

Primus got to his feet, if a bit unsteady "I do know...that I too at least wished to create a world, where no-one would experience any pain. I knew sacrifices may have had to be made, and whether it was my will or not, I ended up murdering innocent people"

"The fact you've called them innocent" said Arion "Means you're aware of what you've done"

"As I said...it matters not. Time always moves forward, it can never go back. Even if one were to travel to the past, and alter events, that would just create a new future and do nothing to alter the current one" Primus then looked out to the dark warriors "These people...I do feel sorry for dragging them with them. I was aware they were thrown away from time...but never thought...of their true pain"