Chapter 29: Another Random Meeting

It had being some-time since Ellen and Arion had fallen asleep. Until one woke it was hard to say if they had landed...or where they had landed. Arion was still, with only the same female voice speaking gently in his sleep "...it won't be long now. Until you can see the world as I see it. I was worried you won't going to make it...but you two are growing stronger everyday"

Her voice grew quieter "I have to go now...but the next time I see you will be when I hold you snugly against my body. For now I'll sing you the song...that you love as much...as I do you" her voice trailed off and Arion stirred. He was now conscious he was upon a soft and cushiony ground, on his front and his head to the left. He felt a bit numb as he tried picking himself up, his hands slightly sinking in the ground, making deep breathes as he got to all fours.

Arion now opened his eyes to see only a grit brown floor beneath him "huh...what is this? Is this sand?" he tried taking a pile in his hand but found the ground somewhat solid "No...it's dirt. Albeit very soft dirt or thick sand" he picked himself up, wobbling as he stood and holding his face "Jeez I feel all groggy. I'd best see where I...am? Where...is this?"

All around Arion was only dirt/sand...and nothing else. Hills and dunes could be seen far in the distance with no sign of civilisation anywhere. "There's nothing here" he remarked "nothing at all. No people no nothing" he then looked up to the completely blank black sky with the exception of a blue orb covering the canvas "In fact...not even really a sky"

Arion folded his arms "What's going on? The last I remember is...hey my voice it's back to normal" his voice was lower "Hey does that mean?" he looked at himself "well I'm not a child anymore"  he had now his black sports pants, with white stripes, back on his legs. And over his torso was his blue t-shirt with the white X "I guess...that memory did work"

Arion thought back to what had happened for him to arrive "The only memory I had...was the one of Sarly and Primus arguing. Either I landed somewhere else...or this is the origin of that memory. Well at least me and Ellen got away from..." Arion opened his mouth and reacted "Wait Ellen...Ellen where is she? Ellie!?" in this empty land another person would be easy to see "Maybe I should get a high view-point"

Arion climbed up the nearest hill, having a bit of trouble dealing with the soft ground, and came to the top. "Right where are you...Ellie?" all Arion could see was just more dead-dunes and hills "It's like the parallel world only with sand. Only there's a light over there" a white wide beam of light shone upwards from the North-East direction "Now where is she? She has to be around here...oh there she is!"

Ellen was laid down on her side at the bottom of the hill and as was her backpack a little away from her. Arion ran, and slid, down the hill to kneel by her side before proceeding to lightly shake her "Ellie...Ellen hey are you alright?"

"Ummm...huhh...ummm" she mumbled as she awakened, much to his relief, "Ar...Arion? Is that you?"

"Yeah it's me" he said taking a deep breath "you had me worried there"

"Huh your voice...its lower" Ellen opened her plain silver eyes and turned her head "Is that really you? You look bigger...and older"

"I only look bigger because you're laying down" he joked "but yes I am older. Although you look a bit of both" Ellen perked up

"Oh really...let me see" Ellen got up to a kneeling position, allowing Arion to see her fully which made him go bright red.