Chapter 44: A Frigid Reception

All were now stood in-shock, that is all Magister kind, at Arion who was stood with a fierce demeanour. He had a strong electric like coating, running through his body, complete with sparks that cracked one after another. Yet at the same time ice arm-blades were attached to his arms, light frigid mist persperating from them, with Oswald himself encased and trapped in ice.

Selva just couldn't believe "He...has ice and Lightning!? He's really using both!?"

"Why...is that a bad thing?" asked Alicia who found her reaction alarming

"I...I don't know. In the current situation, it's great, but in the long run...I don't know how things will turn out"

Sarala herself, just stared, at Arion "Is that...really lightning flowing around him? Or is it my glasses?" Sarala took off her glasses, wiped them with her clothes, before putting them back on "Yeah...it's really lightning!"

"This is...amazing" said Dawn in awe "I've never seen anyone who can use both elements, of Ice and lightning, at the same time!"

"Why?" asked Sophie "Has no-one being capable of doing this before?"

"Or to put it more accurately" said Ellen making a guess, by their reactions "Is anyone actually capable, that is a Magister, of using both ice and lightning?"

"Maybe individually" said Sarala "but I was told they are impossible to wield at the same time. Unless an extremely certain circumstance is met"

"Well we'll worry about that later. I'm just looking forward to Arion hurting that guy senseless"

Oswald just looked in disbelief "How can...how can this be? A child who wields lightning and ice? Not even I can do it!"

"I'm just an exception" said Arion, not of ego, but honesty "There's a reason I can do this, but enough about that" Arion aimed out both hands, pressing them together at the wrists "we've got a fight to continue"

"There's no way this lightning is real. The ice I'll believe but not lightning. It's merely an illusion"

"Then you'll find out won't you?" a nearly condensed matter of Lightning formed by his hands, which Oswald just sneered at

"Go ahead...fire your little light show"

"As you wish" in what was only second, a stream of lightning, of four bolts close together, sky-rocketed forwards

"What!?" the attack hit Oswald, with the force of a Rhino, hitting him with audible force.

Oswald looked for a moment pinned on the invisible wall, the moment of inertia gluing him to the transparent surface, before then falling upon the floor. Oswald was already picking himself up "What power! And that was no trick" Oswald got to his feet, but looked unsteady "I've never felt a force like that"

"Also remember; your body was soaked" said Arion "it helped the electric power, like oil for an engine"

"It makes no difference. I am unharmed, even from your powerful attack"

"Yeah it appears so...but I found a way to beat you" Oswald suddenly swished his wand in three directions, making a three layered star

"That's what you think" he shot a triple helix of darkness at Arion, while Ariana called out

"Arion, jump!" Arion did so to find a beam of fire, that went underneath, cancelling out the triple helix with a splash of embers.