Chapter 65: Finishing Promises

At Arion's home dimension it was now the late morning and all the girls, minus one, were all awake. Sophie, Alicia, Diana and Yuki were talking amongst themselves when Ellen having arrived in the room "Oh Ellen..." Sophie said turning to her "good morning" Ellen looked still half-asleep as she replied with a yawn

"Ahhhh...good morning" she rubbed her silver-featureless eyes "Jeez...what time is it?"

"About 11am now" said Edward "You must've been tired"

"I guess I was...ahhhh" she yawned again with a stretch "I was awake earlier, just making sure Ariana was alright, but then I fell asleep again"

"Is Ariana alright?" asked Yuki

"Well she's still sawing logs...but she's much better than when we arrived. She's all cooled down now"

"Then...that's one less relief from my mind" said Edward

"And any news from this end...on Arion that is?" all of them looked between each other "Nothing huh?"

"Well not quite nothing" said Diana "We'll tell you what we know"

Diana and her friends told Ellen of Cora, and what she said "So...Primus nearly got him but Cora saved him" said Ellen "But by throwing him in another dimension"

"We've got no idea where he is" said Diana "Since the paradoxal glove is with Cora but...we do know Arion is alive"

"How do you know that?"

"I just know he is" said Yuki with a hand below her neck "I can sort of feel his lifeforce still existent...even if it is hard to tell where he is"

"And...we wouldn't be here...if Arion had passed on"

"What do you mean by that?" asked Alicia

"It'll take a while with many big words and hard to pronounce sentences"

"Then before that" Edward said "How about we get some breakfast? It's no good worrying when you're hungry"

"If that's alright...thank you" Alicia said gratefully

Edward took the girls downstairs, and into the dining room and kitchen "Good morning Dad. You're up later than usual" sitting to the table was Brian with a pipe in his mouth and reading the paper "What have you been up too?"

"Not much Brian" said Edward a tad anxiously "Just studying away as normal" Sophie politely greeted to him

"Good morning to you Mr Harrison" she said politely

"And to you, and everyone else" Brian said looking at the girls before noticing Ellen and Diana "You're a two I haven't met before"

"Nice to meet you...the name's Ellen"

"And I'm Diana" she said a bit shyly "I just recently met Arion you see?"

"Then that explains things. Well nicely met to you" Ellen looked upon Brian with satisfaction "Well then...is there anything I can help with?"

"No Brian its alright" said Edward "I'm just going to get some breakfast sorted for the young ladies"

"Nothing wrong with that...only where are the twins?"

Suddenly nervous beads of sweat appeared on most of them, no-one quite sure what to say until "The twins have stepped out for a bit I'm afraid" Ellen said believable "Ariana came down with a fever and is resting in bed and Arion is staying over at a friend's house"