Chapter 61: A Soul in Near Harmony

Arion, drifting in the corridor of dreams, simply wafted in the air as if caught by a soft tide "hey...hey open your eyes" Norai's voice sounded in the world "Come on...open those...oh you have" he appeared in his field in his vision, a little more detailed in the presence of a nose...but his eyes remained invisible and his hair was now milky white "Sorry I forgot...this is dreamland for you. You're not exactly very aware here...so I apologize"

Norai notably lowered his head, sounding melancholic "My plan...I never dreamed it would reach this stage, and so smoothly too. I was so worried, at any stage, that one force or another would either interfere or cancel the sync process. Or from another perspective have meddled with the bond between you and Serena" he raised his head back up "but...I couldn't have been more wrong. For it seems nature...has assisted me along"

Norai put out his hand to reveal a ghostly white number in the air 90% "The process only needs a bit more, for it to be finished, and for my Final Will to be granted. But this is where...I must entirely depend on you. While I can nudge it along a bit more...the final step of the procedure, the door to the new future, must be done entirely by your will"

Norai put his arms behind his back "At this point the bond between you and Serena, is so reinforced no power can break it. I wonder if you already recognise how important she is to you, and if you don't...there is still a little time left. Just know today...you will draw your own conclusion, and I can only hope it's the correct one. We will meet...for one last time after this, so until then...good luck"

The next morning came for the world of Neko-Earth, and Novatropolis the world of science. Kei was at his desk, Arion's paradoxal glove to his right, with a quite annoyed look to him "I've never known a gadget, or device, trouble me as much as this one. I just can't work it out...and it vexes me quite much. I must've tested this device with every client I met, and many members of the public, but no matter who tried it, the computer registered no power readings...from the Enigma prism"

Kei picked up the glove, typed on his computer, and looked at the 3D diagram of the octagon prism "This Enigma prism only seems to function when either I, or Cora wear it. And it must function when Arion wears it...so why only us three? Is there something special to us?"

Kei put down the glove and retrieved a clip board with five sheets of paper. The first sheet read in big letters "Reasons for Enigma's prison functionality" the second page had "Suggestion 1. Linked by Magister blood. Issue I am a Norma" it had a Big X upon it. The third sheet had "Suggestion 2. Common link between those it functions with. Issue since me and inventor have no real link, aside profession" again a Big X was upon it.

Kei turned to the fourth page "this right now is the best possible suggestion" it read 'Suggestion 3. Device was invented to work only those, who've made contact with host"

"In theory this is possible but in terms in science...not so much. Still much with most of my conjecture...I can only wait until Arion returns. For then...I don't know what to do"

On Neko Earth, Arion was beginning to stir from his sleep...a wide smile having appeared on his face. In his dreams he saw himself looking down, upon a seemingly empty bed with nothing but joy in his heart. Then as he turned to his left, the world became no more.

Arion opened his eyes a bit to reality, rising himself to a sat up position stretching and groaning "That dream...I've never felt anything like it. That feeling of...just absolute bliss, a feeling so strong I can't...put into words. It's something I wouldn't mind feeling again"