Chapter 12: Fragmented Memory

Arion, in the city of Callabasta was before someone whom he sure he had met once before. Zach stood before him, with a friendly expression and open arms. Arion should've been happy to see him, since he was meeting a friend, but the events beforehand and left him dazed. Only moments ago Zach's left arm, and his stomach area had been blasted only for new flesh to grow in it's place. Neither Arion nor his companion Sophie could really wrap their heads around what had happened.

Zach approached Arion "I really can't believe it Arion. It really is you" he tapped his shoulder making Arion shiver and shrug off his touch

"Ahh...sorry" Arion said instinctively. Zach sighed

"Oh...you still suffer from Haphephobia. And it's still as bad as I remember. I'd have thought five years might have healed it somewhat"

"Five years? It's been that long"

"Look why don't we go inside my mansion? We can talk there"

"Is my friend alright to come too?" Zach nodded.

Zach held out his arms "Alright everyone the event is over. Please go back to your homes now thank you" with some reluctance the public turned away and went back to their business "Well with that done let us move inside"

"Just to recall...you're Zach, short for Zachery right?" asked Arion

"Yes that's right. And who's your blonde friend?"

"I'm Sophie" she said with a pleasant wave "hello there"

"Nice to meet you...come on inside"

Arion and Sophie followed Zach inside the mansion. They came to a large open foyer with a diamond checkered marble-floor. There were stairs wells on either side of the foyer leading up to the second floor. A Strip of red carpet indicated the pathway which split into two directions at the end going east and west.

Arion looked the room with a sense of nostalgia. As he stepped through the foyer a memory occurred of him doing the same thing, holding onto Medea's hand as he came through as a child. As he looked round Zach turned round and spread out his arms "Welcome to my humble abode" said Zach "It's not often I get guests here"

"Your house looks pretty big" said Sophie looking round "Is this size normal?"

"Not really. Let's say...we had good reason to be given this. Anyway come to my room...we can talk there"

Zach lead Arion and Sophie upstairs and through a long hallway. All the doorways were open allowing them to see inside. Sophie watched Arion look at each room with wonder "Arion...what is it?" said Sophie "you look like you're lost in thought"

"It's strange" said Arion "Whenever I look into a room...an image appears in my mind. All of them were filled with some sense of enjoyment" he looked into each room, all of them simple in design all for a purpose.

Arion passed by a music room filled with instruments "Me, Medea and Zach would play with the instruments. Me and Zach tried the trumpets but couldn't even make a sound and listen to Medea play music on the harp"

"Medea was Zach's mother right?" asked Sophie

"Yeah that's right. Here is the reading room, she would read us a story and me and Zach listened. And then here in the bedroom I would..." Arion then stopped

"What...what is it?" Arion memory was in the bedroom where he was being tucked in by Medea before he wondered to sleep. This memory to him felt strange