Chapter 95: Preparations For the End

It was now the late afternoon, with everyone currently resting at Cora's house. Everyone was sat to the table, with only Kei, Ariana and Diana not present "I wonder what Kei is serving" said Ellen "Then again as long as it's edible I don't mind"

"I'll admit...I'm looking forward to it" said Yuki "from what Cora told me, it's rare that Kei ever cooks...but when he does you won't deny the taste of it"

"I do wonder what kind of meal has been prepared" said Alicia it was then with a chipper attitude

"Everyone...starters have been served" Diana came in, with a rather big wheeled cart, with several bowls of white coloured soup with little green herbs "Come on everyone come get your bowl, this isn't self-service"

"You heard the girl" said Ellen "It's ready to serve"

"Oh and on the next shelf down, is some dipping bread. No more than two each please"

Each of them got themselves a bowl, and some dipping bread and sat at their places "Now using that little finger test from earlier" said Diana who took out a small pad "Kei has catered to each of your tastes for enhanced flavour"

"Well we'll see in a minute if he has" Ellen said taking a spoon and having a mouthful "Jackpot! This is fantastic" Arion and Serena had some both humming

"This really good" Serena said her tail and ears swaying "I've got a hint of fish in mine"

"I've got chicken in mine" Arion said who ripping off a bread chunk and dipping it

"Hey...are we not allowed to join in?" Ariana just came in with Diana

"Sorry, but the food was almost calling to us" Cora said jokingly

"Then we'd best hurry up and get stuck in" said Diana quickly taking her seat with Ariana and with a spoonful they both came to enjoy the taste.

As they all tucked in, Arion noted one person wasn't present "Where's Kei? Isn't he joining us?"

"Oh...he's not a fan of soup" said Ariana "He prefers food with some substance. He's currently just preparing the main course"

"Will he alright?" asked Alicia "He is catering to a large group"

"He's got some robot helpers" said Diana "He'll be fine for the cooking but he'll need help serving"

"Then me and Arion will help him" said Serena "Won't we?"

"Only fair...let's just...finish what we have" said Arion scooping away

"Too right on that one"

As the minutes rolled by the bowls of soup were drained dry. As Arion got up, we went to the trolley and pushed it "can all who've finished kindly place the bowls on the trolley?"

"Here you are" "Thank you" "thanks" "here you go"

"I've got the last two Arion" said Serena putting them down "Let's go check on Kei and see if he's done yet"

"Alright...come on"

As Arion wheeled the cart, with empty bows slightly clattering with Serena he found to his surprise Kei waiting in the hallway "Huh...why are you here?" Serena asked "are you people-watching?"

"You could say...I'm just overseeing the mood" said Kei who peeked back in "and seeing how Cora is. It's been a very long time...since I've seen her smile so earnestly"