Chapter 25: Going Back, to Move Forwards

It was now the evening...in the era of the Present. Edward sat on his chair, looking at the open cortex to see Arion, Yuki and Sophie come through...and to his relief with Alicia as well. Edward turned off the machine before getting up and greeting them "Hello everyone...welcome back. And your majesty, it's a relief to see you also"

"Glad to be back Edward" said Alicia politely "Thank you"

"One down...one to go Grandpa" said Arion "I'm glad I found Alicia...considering where she was"

"Well...tell all" said Edward "Where did you land?"

Arion and friends spoke of the black and white world, and the lifeless citizens residing there. It was then that Edward sighed "It was fortunate you did find her majesty in that place. A monochrome world...of zombie people"

"Just to check one moment" said Arion looking at his clothes. His pants were the same (Already black and white) but his shirt was blue. "Ah my shirt is back to blue but that's all I lost. And now onto you Yuki"

"Yep the robe is purple" said Yuki undoing it to see her striped top "And my clothes are normal"

"Alright next is you Sophie"

Sophie looked at her blue top, with a large white cross and simple light black bottoms "The colours have to returned to me"

"As have the colours to my own garments" said Alicia "Thank goodness...I'd thought they were lost" she had a cyan t-shirt over a light dark blue dress that came out a little like a skirt. She had a white hair-band in her grey hair

"Well that's one worry gone" said Arion "I guess we just have to find Ariana"

"That can wait Arion" said Edward a little firmly "It's actually 11pm"

"Wait what?" said Yuki "but we were barely in that dimension for a couple hours"

"Still...with time being broken" said Arion "A couple hours there could be a day in the present" it was then with a loud yawn "and I'm beat now"

"Ahhh...suddenly as am I" said Alicia looking rather sleepy

Edward lightly laughed "Well two of you are free to use the guest room but one of you will have to share Arion's bed"

"W-Wait...that'll be alright?" said Yuki stammering a little "One of us sleeping with him. I mean it is a boy"

"Don't worry...it's about 12 metres wide" said Arion "It can actually sleep ten people and a dog. So who's joining me?"

"I'll do it" said Sophie in a friendly fashion "since the distance is wide...it should be suitable, If that's alright with you Arion?" Arion nodded

"Well then...good night and see you both in the morning"

With simple waves Yuki and Alicia bid the two goodnight. Alicia then stepped forward "Well Yuki...we should retire as well, no doubt we'll be returning to our travels come the morning"

"Okay sure..." Yuki turned to Edward "Well sir...goodnight"

"Yes...good night" he said to which Yuki followed Alicia out. As Yuki followed Alicia along, she gripped the pendant on her chest

After only a mere hour, the world was asleep and all sleeping in their beds, or in Edward's case on his desk. Arion however was present in his room, and after quietly closing the door drew an X on his glove. He brought up the small display, bringing up a dark screen "Diana...Diana hey are you there? Hello?"