Chapter 41: Truth hidden In Lies

Both groups had now reunited back together each with a surprise in tow, Ariana with her new ability of spell-casting and Magna Salazar...and Arion with his new understanding of Spell-casting. Magna had planned to speak with Arion but a more pressing matter had taken priority.

Cobblelont, a rival to Magna Salazar, was threatening a girl, Sarala, with banishment from Folonic for thievery. While not a personal friend of the Magister half of the group, seeing one of their own being removed from town, understandably upset them. Arion decided to delay his troubles and rushed with everyone, and Cyla, to the square of Bounty where the trouble took place.

A Migrating crowd was heading to the square of bounty, Arion and Company included. They headed round the alley, to the square, to see a new addition. A raised octagon stage, above 4ft off the ground, was now stood. It was roughly 40m across and high and a dull yellow in colour. A thick crowd had gathered and not even the tallest, Ellen, could clearly see.

Ellen could make out Cobblelont from his chest upwards but not his head "Well I see the grumpy geezer...but not this Sarala girl"

"I may not see him" said Selva "But I can definitely hear his voice from here"

"Citizens...I've called you all here today" Cobblelont proclaimed "To bear witness to a most horrible travesty. I, the Overseer of this town, proclaim Sarala a thief of my personal property"

"No...no it's not true" a voice cried out which Arion assumed Sarala. The voice sounded a little broken to which he assumed Sarlla was a late teen "I haven't done anything wrong"

"That's what you always say...when you, deliberately, seem to stall my activities"

"You were threatening to harm innocent..."

"Enough!" a sharp bellow of his voice boomed, followed by a timid shriek "You've managed to get in my way...too many times and got away with it. Not today...for I have proof"

Cobblelont looked out to the people, arrogance in his declaration "people of Folonic...I am the Overseer of this town, ensuring this town's continued prosperity. Everything I've done is for that purpose, despite the obstacles presented before me. Well today, I'm ridding of one permanently"

"No...please" pleaded the same voice, with growing desperation "I have nowhere else to go!"

"So with the power vested in me, the Overseer, I hereby declare banishment of Sarala..." Magna, in anger, shouted out

"Stop this stupidity...now!"

Magna's shout projected a power, which brought a mild gust of wind, which grazed the entire crowd. Even Arion and his friends flinched. Simultaneously the crowd all turned to the origin, Magna, who had a glaring staring "Excuse me...please?" despite the manners, it sounded more as warning. Like Noah parting the ocean, the crowds split away giving Magna a clear path to the stage.

Magna stepped forward "Arion, friends, come with me. I may need your support"

"Of course" said Selva "I'll gladly come, if it means taking that guy down a peg, or two" with all nods the whole group followed Magna through the gap in the crowd. Upon the front of the crowd, the Magisters now filling the gap they made, Arion was able to see the stage...and Sarala upon her knees.

Sarala, as Arion had predicted was a teenage girl looking around seventeen-eighteen. She had an average build, although a tad on the skinny side and Like her fellow people she wore a cloak, albeit a short one showing the clothes she wore with a modest chest. Not small but not endowed either.