Chapter 81: The Aftermath

It was now the next morning...only in Callabasta at this instant in time. The evening's weather hadn't let up too well, the rain reduced to a drizzle still peppering the rain soaked town. Yuki with Zack and Medea were gathered in Medea's bedroom. Yuki thought to inform Medea of everything that had happened...and the truth which Arion was forced to now endure.

As Medea and Zack listened...both were almost numbed by what they were told, and as the story ended, neither one had the right words to even respond "I did wonder you know...what could've been so bad" Zack said depressed "to have brought him to such a point"

"Yet of all things possible" Medea said sadly "the true cause is beyond anyone's imagination...to the point you can't even grasp it"

"We're still...trying to wrap our heads around it" said Yuki "Arion was never apart of the family...he was just a replacement, as cruel as it sounds. What's more his Mother knew this, and put him through so much to point anyone would hate...but"

"Arion...is too soft for his good" said Zack deeply troubled "I mean even though you're telling me this I am majorly peeved, or even pissed off, yet...at the same time...I can understand...why Mrs Harrison did it"

"That's what makes this much worse" Medea said "Arion's happiness is gone, his sorrow consumes him...and there's nowhere his anger can go"

Medea sighed "I can't begin to guess just how hard he...and his sister are hurting right now"

"It's one thing to have...been rejected and hurt by those close to you" Zack said bitterly "but it's entirely another to find out...your whole life has been a lie, and everything you thought you had...never existed to begin with"

"The only actual positive thing, out of everything" Yuki said "Is there's now no doubt those two...are Magister's, like I am. Only..." she sighed too "apart from a clue, it doesn't help that much" it was then Sophie came into the room

"Sophie...how did it go?" Medea asked hopefully but Sophie lowered her head and said clearly

"Arion's need a doctor...and he needs one right now"

The already hopeless feeling, seemed to have grown heavier "Sophie...what's wrong?" Medea asked to which Sophie replied painfully

"I'm sorry...I have no idea" she said almost tearfully "Arion...isn't waking up and is of now...in a near-coma"

"What!?" Zack said startled "Why?"

"That's just it...I have no idea. My body cannot sense any actual injury to Arion's person, any ailment striking his body. What it did say though...was brain activity was...very low. My only guess is...the stress that Arion has endured...has become too much"

"It's not you don't know...Sophie" Medea said softly rising to her "It's just...you doubt your own judgement...isn't it?"

Sophie looked up with forlorn eyes before they fell back down "I'm sorry...Ma'am yes your right. It's just...I don't know the full workings, of a human. I mean...I'm not really human myself, so...how could I know?" Medea put a thumb and finger on her chin

"Your far more human...than you could've dreamed Sophie" Medea said with a small smile "for the tear of worry, which runs down your face, tells me that much" Sophie checked her face, and found a stray tear track did exist on her cheek

"Sophie...I think you've done all you can" said Yuki cheerfully "and like Medea said, unless you told someone...you're pretty much human okay?" Sophie made a weak smile