Chapter 79: The Crippling Truth

Everyone just stood still, staring in complete stillness for the muffled boom which near vibrated the room...making all stand still, Martha included. Martha was paralysed in place, with raspy breaths and her eyes wide and open. Arion was still too, coughing twice with splats of red, gritting his teeth in agony as black ink stained the left side of his face. The reason for Arion's pain...was the crippling torment Martha forced upon him, and for Martha's pain...it was Arion's elbow which had struck her belly.

It was then in a cold voice Arion said "This is it...we're done. I...don't know anymore" Martha continued to remain still, her grip going slack until she fell backwards to the ground. Martha's lungs gasped for air, badly winded from the attack, her hands to her stomach...rubbing it rather feebly.

Arion alone was now stood up...but barely, like a puppet with only a single string to the head. Both of his arms now dangled, his body leaned heavily forward with only the right-half of his face, not covered by black. Arion, like a zombie, shambled to the computer console – which held Sophie - with heavy...rasp like breathe. With each step he staggered ready to fall over at any time, and with every step he agonizingly moaned and groaned as if each step...hurt him just a little more. He eventually made it to the console...shaking badly in place

Arion stood in-front of it, clenching his hand as he raised it up, wobbly like jelly, until using a last fragment of power...smashed it down on the console...as hard as he could, with what little he had left. Arion had only made a small indent, hardly much, but the system was crackling and the electric fizzling. As Arion panted, bringing back down his arm...Arion just collapsed to the ground, his strength...now non-existent.

Sophie could only watch as Arion lied still on the ground, feeling helpless to aid him, but then with several whir sounds, her braces all retracted at once letting her go. Sophie was going to land on her feet, but her legs gave way, making her fall on her front. Sophie got to her arms and turned back to her legs "My Legs...didn't responding. They're hardly able to function. My low...stamina, and the poor nerve reception in my legs - from being restrained - means they're useless for walking right now. Until I restore myself...the best I can is rise to a sitting position"

Sophie turned back to Arion, who's breathing starting to grow silent "Still...I have to do...what I can...to help Arion. I want to...at least support him" Sophie crawled to Arion, using her arms and elbows to drag herself, seeing him lie still with eyes closed and painful breaths.

As she got to him Sophie was able to manipulate her body, and barely responding legs, to sit with her left leg out and right leg crossed - which she had to bend with her arms - next to Arion. Sophie leaned over to roll Arion on his back - which he badly cringed to - before she dragged him and rested his head on her crossed leg.

Sophie looked at his pitiful state, his groans of pain sounding more closer to crying, and his face still half covered in black "Arion...Arion I'm here" Sophie said with a hand to his face "Can you hear

"So...Sophie" Arion opened his eyes, to see her peering down "You're...you are free. You're...free" talking looked to even be proving difficult for him

"Don't talk...please. You need to rest. Your body can't take anymore stress" Arion closed his eyes, gritting his teeth

"It hurts...it really...hurts" he said as tear of pain ran down his face "I...I can't move. It hurts...really badly"