Chapter 16: Pain of the Past and Future

It was the mid-afternoon in the town of Callabasta. Within the mansion of the trinity mansion, all seemed quiet, at least to Arion, as he wandered down the hallways. Arion was in his grey pyjama's, minus a right sleeve swinging around his bare arm. Arion flexed it and felt it in his hand "It's still hard to believe...but I've had this regenerative power since I was nine. If I didn't see it, with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe"

Arion thought back to the event yesterday. "Mother had never died...and was simply in a deep sleep. Due to that simple badge I gave her, she was spared from death of that electric bullet. Using my electric power, I drained her body of the electric current which ran through her, caused by the electric bullet, which kept her in her coma like state. And...we all learned of the culprit and his intention"

Arion stopped feeling angry "Alexander, Zach's own father, was the one who nearly murdered her. All because Medea was in his way. Alexander then even tried taking us all out, and although I managed to save Mother and Zach, it still cost me my arm. I nearly fainted from shock...especially when a new arm grew in its place" Arion just looked at his arm "It's hard to imagine I've had this power...for all these years. Yet...something doesn't feel right with it for some reason"

"Hey...let me go!" Alexander's loud voice caught his attention "You will let me go this instant"

"That's Zach Father, he sounds like he isn't happy. I'd better go and see what's going on"

Arion followed the Alexander's call to the foyer of the mansion. It was there he saw four men in grey outfits, and hats, completely restraining him. Zach was also there, with his arms crossed, watching his Father get carried away with an uncaring expression. Alexander was trying to resist but his hands were shackled and his arms were restrained "No...No you can't do this"

"I think they can" said Zach flashing off the letter which proved Alexander shot Medea "This letter is all the proof we need to send you away"

"And good riddance if you ask me"

Zach and Alexander turned to Arion who stepped to them. Zach ran to him "my brother...you've awakened" the guards looked a bit puzzled "are you okay?"

"Yep...I'm fine" said Arion happily before showing his remade arm "Arm and all" Zach breathed out in relief and tapped Arion's shoulder

"I'll have a little look later, but for now" he had a look of disdain "I'm just bidding farewell to Father"

"It's alright...I'll join you actually. I have something to ask him before he goes...wherever he's going"

Alexander saw Arion come with Zack and had a look of much anger in his eyes "You...the wandering child. To think you were merely saved on a whim...and you end up ruining everything I worked for"

"The vision you had in mind was noble...but flawed" said Arion

"Flawed? In what way? My vision was for everyone to earn what they wanted, the cell transplant. No-one can truly appreciate something unless they work for it"

"Yeah...I've seen evidence of that. The rich boys of this town basically cripple themselves, suffering injuries that would kill a normal man, only to heal and walk on"

Alexander now looked a bit smug "Do you see my point? Yes the poor people seek the gift, but we hand it to them...I guarantee you some will abuse it"

"As much I hate to say it...you're right" said Zach "All of us seek to go beyond the limit of what we can achieve"

"Then tell me...what about my dream is flawed?"