Chapter 91A: Journey to the Truth Part 1

It was the next morning, in the future town of Novaptropolis. The storm had passed leaving only fragments of clouds from its downpour against the ocean blue sky. Today is the day when Arion, and Ariana, would journey to Folonic to maybe learn the truth of their origin. Before they went they had to bid Kei on his way. Cora with Ariana and Alicia bid him goodbye as he held a rather large suitcase "Sorry about this...but I've got an emergency call up for me" Kei said

"It's alright Papa" Cora said "I mean the technicians can't do anything without you"

"How long will you be?" Ariana asked

"Depends how much they're willing to pay" Kei said "I'm not offering free services you know" he said making Ariana sniggered

"Have a good day Kei...and see you soon" Alicia said as Kei waved and went on his way.

The trio went back inside "Well...with that done" Cora said "we just need to decide how to proceed forward"

"How do you mean?" Ariana said "I thought...we were going to Folonic"

"Remember only four of us can venture at a time, rules of the gateway and...I may have to stay at home today. Much to my regret"

"Why's that?" Alicia asked "what's the reason that keeps you here?"

"My Papa had a phone-call and told me he's expecting a delivery of Cyber-Microchips and unfortunately...ahhh one of us has to be here to sign for it"

"Sounds a bit inconvenient" Ariana said "but it can't be helped"

They all went back inside the house to see Sophie coming down, yawning "Good morning Sophie...you slept in quite a bit" said Alicia

"Ahhh...sorry about that" Sophie rubbing her sleepy eyes "Is it late?"

"No, no" Cora said "You haven't slept in or anything, though you may to fix your hair. It seems you may have rolled about in your sleep" with a feel of her hands Sophie checked to feel stuck up bits of hair on her head

"Oh dear...again?"

"It's alright I'll fix you up" Ariana said "Come on...this way"

"I'll go see if Arion is awake yet" Cora said "you all go on ahead" as she went up the stairs, Arion did awake...but to a world he had not seen for a fair amount of time.

Arion was surrounded by a world of flowing green, his body with the feeling of weightlessness. Only unlike before...Arion wasn't at all comfortable. He felt this moderate burning on his entire body, pulsing pain on his chest and left leg and lastly a sense of weakness upon his body "Can you...can you hear me?" the same husky motherly voice sounded in the green dreary world...only it sounded a bit muffled.

Arion saw the world darken, making it harder to even see, until a dull white screen appeared with the silhouette in view. Long hair could be made out, along with a husky, motherly voice "It's me...Nema and this is...to be the final time, I'll ever see you...special one. Your body...is deteriorating too quickly, as is...the other one you're meant to meet"

"Other...one?" Arion thought, which was hard as he felt his brain begin to wander

"We...I've" a pained stifled sound, like a sob left her mouth "got no choice. To send you away...to where you can heal and grow"

Arion eyes closed, the pain becoming overwhelming, then as he opened them the screen appeared right before him "I'm so sorry...little one for the pain you're going through. I promised I'd be there to greet you, we were meant to meet tomorrow...but it can never meant to be" Nema's voice sounded close to breaking "Unless I send you away...you'll never wake up"