Chapter 88B: Eventual Joy

Diana went still in shock in her expression, just standing there "In the world you come...me and Ariana were born there too" Arion said "but...fate tore us apart before we could even meet you"

"Arion...when did you?" asked Diana longingly

"When you brought back, from Callbasta, you told me"

"I'll watch over you...Big Brother" Diana now had tears running down her face

"Look...the proof...is right here"

Arion took the brown book, and opened it to two rather pristine pictures. On the left it depicted a child Arion and Ariana, making happy poses, on either side of a man whose face was half-cut preventing you seeing his eyes. On the right was an infant Diana with arms raised and a wide smile "You found...my treasure" Diana said taking it in her hands "You found...the only clue I had, that proved I wasn't...alone"

As Arion looked upon "In one regard...it does mean in one time-route, me and Ariana are children of Primus. Which I do have mixed feelings about but still it doesn't matter...Diana. We're siblings...and we have to look after each other. Okay?"

"Big...Brother" Diana said before she tearfully hugged him "I finally...finally got to meet you. I'm sorry...I couldn't say anything before...but I didn't want to lose you...anymore"

"Any...more? Then again...if I am her Brother, in one sense, then all the Arion's that have passed away would be her Brother also" Arion held her back

"Hey...hey it's alright" Arion said with a smile "I'm not going anyway...not anymore. I'm sorry for worrying you. I went to...a dark place for a while but...keep that smile on please. At least...until I...return to being me again"

"You just...want me to smile?" Diana asked with Arion nodding.

Diana felt new delight become a dominant feeling and before she even thought about...a wide smile appear "Like this?"

"Yeah...just like that" Arion said "Just because...I'm having difficulty at the moment, doesn't stop you from smiling" Diana reached up, and kissed Arion's forehead

"For good luck"

"Don't need it...not with you all around" Diana laughed softly in response.

Arion now felt...more lighter than normal, as if new light mended a bit of the fissure on his heart "Well...with that done, there's one thing I'd like to do" he said turning to Edward's door "I...want to see Grandpa...I mean Edward"

"Edward?" asked Diana

"Well...I just want to tell him, how things have progressed before I go. I mean if the timeline here is so drastic from Novatropolis, that a week for us...could turn into a year"

"Then let's go see him" Diana said tugging at his hand "Come on" it was as Arion was pulled along, he heard the sound of a loud lock, bolting shut within him.

Arion went up to Edward's door, going to knock but paused "It's alright Arion" Diana said with new energy "you can do it"

"Okay...it's just I'm not sure what to say" said Arion "but here goes" Arion knocked twice "Edward...Grandpa are you there?" at first no answer so he tried again "Grandpa hello?"

"Is he...asleep?" Arion pressed his ear on the door

"I don't think so...Gran-forget it, it's too hard to adjust to his name. Grandpa is, for your benefit, a loud snorer. I mean look carefully at the frames of the door" Diana did so to see small brushes "those are to block out the noise"