Chapter 20: A World Not Within Reach

Arion and Sophie...have ventured forth into the ruined world they have arrived at. Arion chased after a very lone girl, within the ruined world, Yuki who shared a fear very similar to his own. While Arion was afraid of being hurt by those around him, Yuki was afraid of hurting others around her. Arion did find her, convinced her he couldn't die (With a pillar impaling him) and managed to bring her with him.

It was then that Yuki was easing Yuki's worries and insecurities, looking to help her...but now that role had reversed and worsened to a great degree. Arion was screaming and completely shaken to his core, having viewed a horrible sight. Yuki clutched at Arion, who tried resisting her...but the shock began to take a toll on his heart.

The sheer shock weakened him greatly, his fear now replaced by despair. Yuki still felt unsure, her own fear holding fast...but she then saw Arion, desperately reaching for her.

"Can you...stay with me...please?" he asked this question with much fear...which ignited a pleasant warm in Yuki. Yuki held Arion, in a firm but caressing hug, letting him calm down...and gain his strength back.

Sophie was at the scene...which caused Arion to act as he did. For upon the floor was a person, of Arion's exact image, lying lifeless on the ground.  Sophie was using her single eye visor to scan the body "This boy...Adam, is a living duplicate of Arion. Their DNA...is a 95% match. Their only differences are several genes, Adam having being raised in this timeline, and the alien cells which Adam...lacks"

Sophie looked upon the deep bloody wound upon Adam's chest "It's hard to say...when Adam moved on. I can surmise though...his death was near immediate" Sophie retracted her visor and looked up. She saw another 'ice' stalactite on the roof...only with a shard missing "Adam was impaled...like Arion was. And if I'm not mistaken...that wound, is the same diameter as the bare patch upon Arion's chest. Something to look at later"

Sophie knelt down to Adam, whose eyes were still open, and closed his eyelids "There you go...at least you look like you're sleeping now. I can only wonder why you are here? You're far away from home, in a frozen wasteland. There's no shelter, beyond this. I can't imagine why you're here on your...own?" it was then she noticed a slip of paper poking out a pocket.

Sophie extracted the paper, which was bent into a quarter and unfolded it. She read the contents, all the way to the end, before folding the paper back "It seems...you too were longing to be with someone. It's just a shame...you had end like this" Sophie stood up and walked away "May you sleep well...Adam"

In the Café room, ten minutes prior, where a moderate fire still burned, was where Yuki and Arion had remained. Yuki was sat crossing her legs, letting Arion rest on her left leg. Arion was simply still, with his eyes closed taking deep calming breaths. He had significantly calmed down but he still lightly shivered now and then.

Yuki was waving her hand, which dropped little green sparkles, over Arion's face and chest "Arion...is this helping at all? I'm using a light healing spell...to restore the strength you lost. Is it working?"

"I just feel...calmer really" said Arion quietly "better though...I don't know. Right now, I don't feel all that much. It's like...there's nothing in me at this moment"

"It'll be okay. You just need a little time that's all. You'll be mentally drained from your experience. Give me a little time"

"I hope so" he then opened his eyes "Sorry to...inconvenience you like this. I was meant to be...helping you, not the other way round"