Chapter 84: Small Embers of Returning Hope

It was the mid-morning, in the science town of Metropolis. Nearly all were awake, Ariana being last, and one plan was set in motion. Cora had just snuck out of the room Ariana currently slept in with DNA prism in hand. Four sides were now displayed in colour, the newest panel having lit up in pink leaving three more black and the last grey "There we go...with this...the day can go forward. Now to meet up with everyone else"

Cora went to the kitchen area where everyone was preparing their breakfast, in Cereal of toast. Alicia, Diana had toast and Ellen with Cereal "Good morning everyone" Cora said

"Good morning Cora" said Alicia "are you alright this morning?" it was then she noticed the DNA prism "I see you were able to get a sample"

"I did...and now to lock it" Cora double tapped a corner to make the prism edges bright purple "there we go. Now it can't register anymore DNA signatures"

"But...wouldn't it have picked up yours?" Cora nodded and pointed to the grey panel on the prism

"Couldn't be helped"

"Can someone fill me in properly?" Ellen semi-demanded "What's going on?"

Cora held out the DNA prism "this was..." she then added depressed like "the original plan...to find out if Arion, and Ariana, were related to their Mother. It's a DNA prism...a rare Magister device that stores DNA samples to be collected"

"It's rare?" Diana repeated "So...there's not many of it?"

"It's not quite rare in quantity...it's more that there's any hardly any need for machines when magic is involved. So not many Magister Gadgets would need to be made really"

"You've...got a point" Ellen said "So what is your planning to do with that dodad now?"

"I'm going to use it" Cora pointed to the pink face of the prism "to track down, or gain a clue, to the origin of the twins"

Cora looked at the Prism more closely "Those two are now, without doubt, of Magister Descent. They have to be...which means they must be a clue to their origin must be in the town"

"You make a valid point" Ellen said "I mean where else could those be come from. While there...we could even ask around for anyone who knows them"

"That's...unlikely" Cora added sadly "but I'll come to that later. For now using Ariana's DNA, which is near identical to Arion's, I'm going to track down a clue in the town of Folonic. I'd like to ask...you all come with me"

Diana was the first to raise her arm "I'd like to come with you...I'd like to help you if I can"

"Me too" Alicia said "I promised Selva I'd be the one to carry out the task of the DNA prism" just as Ellen opened her mouth

"There's no need to watch over Ariana" said Cora "My Father...is going to personally look after her" Ellen's mouth closed "Did I speak your mind?"

"Jussssttt...a bit" Ellen said a bit unnerved

"My Papa...has a plan to maybe bring a bit of spark to Ariana. So we're off leaving him to it...unless you'd rather sit here bored"

"No, no I'll come with. Last thing I want to do is be bored"

"So...Kei is going to help Ariana?" said Diana before adding sadly "I just hope...the others can help Arion" it was then Cora had a sneaky smile "Huh...what is it Cora?"