Chapter 99: Omega's Last Resort

Arion was now alone, in the vast darkness of a endless black void. He was stood on a dark blue surface, looking up to the only sources of light in the world. A giant symbol of Omega glowed in the air, and a four armed figure of white hovered below it.

From the figure, which Arion thought to be an ancient, spoke with a voice of twenty people mixed together "I have so close...I'm only a single step away from the end. And I won't have a stupid boy ruin everything!"

"Is that...you Omega?" said Arion "Because the last time I looked, Primus had two arms"

"Primus...such a poor tortured soul. Unable to even work out who he is...or what he is" two of the arms pointed Arion to a completely featureless body, the body glowing a ghostly blue.

Thick looking cables of red looked to be tightly coiled around the figure. Around both legs, arms, torso and even the neck. The ends of the cable couldn't be seen, making it impossible to see if these cables were floating, or attached to the darkness. The figure was drooped forward, looking really weak.

Arion looked onto the tethered body "Is...that Primus?"

"What's left of him" replied the multi-voiced Omega "All that's left here...is his consciousness, which isn't much to be fair"

"Why...is he all tethered? It makes it look like he's..." a dark thought occurred in Arion "Omega...you've been the one behind everything haven't? Or at the very least...the one who took advantage of Primus as he withered away"

"You always were...a smart one weren't you? I'll admit...I did whisper little suggestions but it was Primus, who carried on this charade"

"I doubt that somehow. If it really was Primus...doing the charade, he wouldn't need to be tied up. Meaning A, he became too unstable for even you. Or B...he got cold feet" a very dark and single laugh left Omega

"As I said...you were always a smart one? Weren't you?"

Omega landed on the ground, a small glass like tap following his landing "Now I understand how his dream changed so dramatically?" said Arion "It was your influence...your dream"

"As it was" replied Omega

"But...I get the feeling you got corrupted with him"

"Nonsense boy. I am the supreme species, born of a supreme time. We were far more advanced before you even begun to walk"

"That may be true...but that doesn't stop the hurting. All you and Sigma wanted, was to save your people which anyone would do for their family...only look at what your doing. Would your clan want this? You torturing billions of souls, for what they wanted to save?"

"I am saving them"

"No you're not! In what world is saving anyone...imprisoning them until their soul withers away!?"

"It matters not...it's time for us to fight. Though...this shouldn't take too long"

Arion prepared himself while Omega zipped forward. Arion went to strike at Omega, but his fist went straight through him, as he went through him. Arion spun round to Omega "I don't you understand you're predicament here. We're not in the realm of physical matter"

"Then...where?" asked Arion

"Hard to say but know this...your health isn't on the life, your soul is" without warning Arion felt a blunt strike hit his chest, flinching him backwards, before a rapid series of blows struck him sending him into the air.