Chapter 34: Whirlwind of Feeling

It was the next morning in the town of science and advancement. It was a cloudy and slightly mild day with Arion and the whole group being lead by Cora at the front who was taking them to the home of the Magisters. She had originally intended a tour of the cyber-enhanced but seeing how badly Yuki wanted to go home she was making the county of the Magisters her first stop.

Diana, Ellen, Yuki and Cora were at the front of the group. Diana was checking her glove and pressing on the pad "Yeah...we're ready to go home whenever we like"

"That's one small relief" said Arion "Not that we don't wanna be here"

"You just don't want to be stuck here?" said Cora "for you don't want to impose on us right?" Arion was a little surprised "Not that we would've minded but it would be worrying if you could not return home"

"Hey Yuki" said Ellen "what's your hometown like? That is the home of the Magisters"

"Oh...well" she said with one arm folded and one hand to her cheek "If it hasn't changed, it's a modest town called Folonic"

Yuki swayed her head a bit "it's a rather big town built mostly with cottages. While the buildings are stone the roofs are finely tied hay roofs"

That sounds like...the town I saw in my dream. Thought Arion as Yuki continued

"There's no class system so everyone's treated the same...mostly. We have a rank system instead"

"A rank system?" said Ellen confused

"It's basically a title given to someone based on power and merits. And with anything like that some can develop an ego" 

"You'd be happy to know it hasn't changed" said Cora "I only just visited the town last week"

Arion looked a bit puzzled "So...you've been there in the town? Does that make you a Magister?"

"What do you mean?" asked Diana "does one have to be a Magister to go your hometown Yuki?"

"In one regard yes" said Yuki "our town is split off from the Norma's, that's what we non-Magisters, and unless on exception a Norma can't find it"

"Well I'm half-Magister" said Cora "my Mother was a Magister while my Father is a Norma. I didn't study magic but I do like to visit my home, away from home"

Cora then turned to Arion "So can I ask Arion is there a reason you want to go to Folonic? I know you want to help Yuki...but I couldn't help feel you have a reason to go there too"

"You're...perceptive" said Arion a little embarrassed "I'm looking for a man called Magna Salazar"

"Who's he?" asked Diana "his name sounds really fancy"

"He's one of the few master-ranked Magisters" said Yuki with a little pride in her tone "And one of the only users of Void-Class magic"

"Void class magic?" said Ellen "I've heard of fantasy games where wizards can have lightning, water and fire and stuff but I haven't heard of this void"

"It's not...quite an element as such" said Diana chirping in "it's more...pure destruction"

"That's as close as you're going to get" said Yuki "And I'm a little surprised you knew about it Diana"

"Tee-hee...I read a lot of fantasy novels"

In the back group Ariana spoke amongst her group, along with Kei, who decided to walk with them to the entrance to Folonic "So Kei...have you once visited the home of the Magisters?" asked Ariana