Chapter 46: A Newborn Partnership

Arion felt still, and at peace, his body weightless as it drifted through the familiar infinite void of endless flowing green. His eyes opened, his eyes gazing upon the green world...his mind wandering with his body. Arion was a little more conscious of himself this time, being able to move his hands into view of his eyes...but otherwise he was immobile.

It had felt like a long time since Arion last saw this place, or was even conscious of this place. And then he heard "My special one...hello to you" Nema's voice lightly echoed, but it sounded a bit odd for although the voice retained its youngish tone, belonging to a woman in her mid-twenties but it was oddly warped like a slightly bad transmission.

Nema spoke gently, carrying a small hint of happiness in her voice "It's nice to see you've awoken. You've been asleep for a while now, I was worried for a time, but seeing you now...brings me much joy. I can see you're growing stronger, and no doubt smarter, and soon I'll be able to meet you and guess what...it's only three days away!" her excitement was easy to hear, "Three more days...and I'll be there to greet you"

As Arion once more searched for the voice, he just couldn't pinpoint the origin "I can hardly contain myself! I was so worried at first, that I'd be never able to see you, but now that dream is on the verge of coming true. I thought for a moment, it wasn't going to happen, but yet here you are. Oh wait I know, since we're so close...why don't I introduce myself better?" Arion heard a dull light switch, to signal a light source, but found no change.

Arion searched in all directions "It seems you're still a little lost, and confused. Then let me guide you" Arion now heard Nema sing, her voice clear and easy to hear letting hers words...like a smooth river. The words brought peace and clarity...almost soothing to the put a wild beast could be softened by its tone.

Youuuuu, rest inside my minnnnnd
Since the day you caaaammme,
I knew you would be wittthh meee
All the times we'll speeendd
What we'll share will surely
Be Warm enough to know...you cared for me

Arion followed the voice, using his arms to 'swim' in the air, and came to a window-pane of white. He floated before it...to see nothing but a silhouette of the one stood behind. The silhouette, of a person he assumed was Nema, stood way over him but didn't feel intimidating "Have you found me now?" said Nema her voice warped once more "can you see me?" the left arm did a light wave "No...well it's still too early yet, but not much longer"

Arion saw the hand, of the same arm, press up against the glass. Arion brought his hand in his sightline, and wanted to press it on the hand. He found himself, although floating, sluggish and tired "After this...you'll only need see me two more times, than the wait is over" Arion was upon touching the hand "But until next time...So long and be healthy" the light became blinding, forcing him to shut his eyes, and upon opening them saw a different sight.

Arion felt himself laid down, his body upon a soft floor as well as being wrapped in a blanket with his head lightly raised by a cushion of sorts. Arion at first wondered where he was...but the dream preyed heavily on his mind "Nema...just who are you? Why is it, during that dream, I felt desperate to see you too? With each dream, the time narrows...but why does it feel like something horrible will happen? I can only hope...my thinking is wrong"

As Arion looked at his surroundings he looked up, but saw only ceiling. His eyes looked a little behind him, to check if he was upon someone's lap, but seeing no-one there, along with a feel of his hand, told him he was on a pillow. He then looked right, to see a lit up fireplace and three of his friends, and sister, together. Yuki, Dawn, Ariana and Sarala were knelt round a four sided square table, talking with each other.