Chapter 55A: A Breaking Dam

It was now the next morning, of the world of Neko-Earth. It was still a little early, Arion himself starting to stir. As he opened his eyes though, he saw not a room but just an open dull white world. Before him was Norai, still with only his mouth visible of his face but his body was a bit more detailed. He had messy and chin length grey-brown hair, two ears protruding through his hair. He had a sort of long cloak on, with a grey shirt underneath.

Norai had a small smile "It seems...the sync has been forged. That's refreshing to hear"

"The...sync?" Arion said curious "What do you mean?"

"It's...my final will of sorts. To guarantee my Daughter, Serena will be cared for. I've been waiting, lingering for as long as I could"

"So...you're a ghost then? I mean I was told you had...moved on"

"No I'm alive...well sort of. My existence was ended early, by a cause I couldn't control. Fortunately a quirk of fate, has allowed me to perform this deed"

"So...what is it you want me to do?"

"Open up...and let it all out" Norai sounded serious "As of now...a deep root of fear now clings to your soul. It's tightening its grip even as we speak, and unless you release it...the damage cannot be repaired"

Norai went from serious to sympathetic "Although saying that...it won't be pleasant. Anything but"

"Then...you're not leaving me...with much confidence" Arion said quietly

"If you let the chains bind too tightly...you'll suffer forever more. If you let it out, and endure the pain, I can guarantee wonderful warmth will be given to you. And in turn a butterfly effect will follow"

"How should I...even do it? It's not as simple...as just letting it out" Norai extended out three fingers, which glowed bright white

"My power...can help loosen the seal on a heart. With this...your inner feelings will show,"

"Wait a minute what do you..."

"Sorry...you'll thank me later" Norai thrusted his three fingers forward, directly at Arion causing him to immediately stir and awake.

Arion now saw the familiarity of the room around him, which brought him a bit of relief. He also noticed a peculiar numb feeling to his chest, where his Heart was "I guess...it was a bit more than a dream. Norai...just what are you now?"

"Dad...Daddy" he turned a little to his right to see Serena, curled up a little to her right "When will...I see you again"

"Serena..." Arion softly rubbed her side "Daddy is always with you, and watching over you. So don't lose your smile...okay?" he wasn't sure where the words came from, for they simply popped in his head

"Hmm...huh?" Serena awoke from her sleep "hmm...ahhhhhh"

"Sorry did I wake you?"

"No...you didn't. I was waking up anyway"

Serena knelt next to the sat up Arion "Hey...did you mean what you said? About Daddy always watching me?"

"Excluding in the bathroom, yes" Arion joked making Serena laugh cheerfully "And I know your Mother is watching over you too"

"Oh...you know that my Mother passed away too? I never told you" Arion realised this too, which came to him as strange