Chapter 83: The first Step to Recovery

Arion opened the door, to much different scene. It was still a bit strange in details but much noise and colours occurred in this room. It was a large cuboid room, with a dome glass roof, with a stage at the back with floating instruments humming a gentle tune. To the left was a table stacked with different food and drink, while to the right was a square area reserved for the dancers. Coloured lights filled the room, though only white light shone on the dance area.

The same Silhouette people filled the room, the men wearing black and white tuxedo's and ties and ladies long dresses or ballgowns of varying colours. Otherwise their heads and faces were featureless. There were roughly sixty people present, with just below a half at the dining area eating food or talking to each other while were dancing away in either fluid or occasional somewhat erratic motions.

Arion looked among everyone, to see anyone familiar "Well...there's Selva" Selva had her hair long and wore a white frilly dress with short heeled shoes. She also had a blue pendant like necklace hanging down her front. Selva was talking to someone, eating away "well she's munching on some sausage rolls. I think they are anyway, hard to tell. And next...it's Lydia"

Lydia was in a wine red dress, with long red sleeves. Her brunette hair was tied in a tail, with blue and white ribbon. She was talking to a small group "For now she's keeping to herself. Thirdly to find Yuki" it took a bit of looking, scanning the people in the room "and there she is...whoa!" he found her sat down on a row of chairs, alone, on a chair with a plastic cup in hand and went a bit stiff "she looks...beautiful"

Yuki had on the same dress she appeared in, within Arion's psyche. The dress had its colours reversed, starting with a sunset orange going to wine red. Yuki then finished with short white socks in nice short-heeled black shoes. The dress had two thin straps over the shoulders, connected to the sleeves only by the underside of her shoulders and covered her torso minus the top of her bosom.

Yuki still had her Moon-locket on, which glistened in the coloured lights, which she held a little with one hand. Compared to everyone else...Yuki looked rather skittish, her eyes shifting everywhere as if in a sense of unease "I guess...Yuki didn't particularly want to come. She looks...really out of place. I feel...I should go to her"

Arion went over to her, the silhouette people barging past him a few times, before he stood over her "I wonder...if I even actually exist here"

"Hmm...huh?" Yuki looked up to Arion, hearing his voice "Hmm...what did you say?" she asked with much wonder in her eyes as she looked upon him

"So you can hear me then?" she nodded slowly "Do you know who I am?"

"I'm afraid not...should I?" Arion then remembered that this world, wasn't completely real

"Let's say...you and I meet at one point, but not today and leave it at that" Yuki looked unsure how to respond "Do you mind if I sit with you?" she shook her head "thank you"

Arion looked out onto the party before speaking "I never was a fan of these kind of things. After all...I couldn't go to parties"

"But...you're here to this one" Yuki said pointing it out

"Well...so are you" he said back to her "I don't really have much reason to be here, notice how I'm not even properly dressed. Yet you're fully done up...so why aren't you up there?"

"Well...umm" Yuki regressed into herself, being embarrassing and anxious "I...didn't really want to come. I just wanted to stay at home...but"

"But..."