3x20 - Do Not Go Gentle

Picture of Colette Mikaelson

Mikaelson Mansion

It's daytime. In the living room, Colette is being creative working on an abstract painting on an easel. Richard/Esther enters. "What took you so long?"

"Althea didn't want to hand over the stake" He shows her a stake, "Luckily I'm quite the charmer"

"That's it?"

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?" Colette puts the paintbrush down, takes the stake from Richard and throws it into the flames in the fireplace. The flames flare up around the stake. "Well that's that then"

"Pack your bags, we're leaving" Colette tells him.

"Today?" Richard asks worried.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelganger and be off by sunset"

"But tonight, is the decade dance"

"So?"

"So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go" Richard tells her.

"I'm not going to any dance"

"Carlisle will be there"

Colette stops but doesn't budge, "That means nothing to me"

"Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me"

"Okay, fine. One last hoorah" Colette folds.

"One last hoorah, Nik"

**********

High School

Carlisle and Eliot are walking through the gym hall which is being decorated for the 20s-decade dance. Carlisle has a clipboard and is in charge of the preparations as Richard is missing. "So, Althea is trying to pull herself together, why is that a bad thing?"

"I just...I wish there was something I could do" Eliot sighs, picking up a chandelier "Where do you want me to hand this thing?"

"You know what, if Richard wanted to hand this monstrosity he should have shown up to do it himself" Carlisle hands the chandelier to a passing by student "Just no!"

Carlisle sees Macy and Jemma hanging up stars in the ceiling "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down"

"Trickle, duh!" Macy chuckles.

"Look at them all bromancy" Carlisle smiles.

"Yeah I asked Macy to help Jemma readjust. She got her old job back at the grill" Eliot tells him.

"That was nice of her"

"Jemma has got a lot on her mind. The whole thing with Althea has got her really stressed out"

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Demi getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Carlisle asks.

"I didn't tell you that, so you could torture me with it"

"Aww, what are friends for? So, who are you bringing to the dance?" Carlisle asks him.

Eliot wraps a feather boa around his neck, "What do you mean? I thought you, Benny and I were going as guy dates"

"Hm, Benny has a date"

"What?" Eliot says shocked.

"Jamie called and wanted to see him, so he asked her" Carlisle explains.