2x20 - The Last Day

Picture of Stella Salvatore

Salvatore Boarding House

Demi is in her bed and hears Elinor's conversation with Eliot and Stella. She gets up, goes downstairs and joins them.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Colette is prepared to break the curse" Elinor tells them.

"Eliot said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Colette"

"Colette is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept her werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if she breaks it...she'll be a true hybrid" Elinor explains.

Demi joins them "Then why are we letting her break the curse? We can kill her today. With Benny"

"Demi..." Stella sighs.

"No. Benny can't use that much power without dying" Eliot says.

"I'll write him a great eulogy"

"It's not an option, Demi"

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stella asks.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know" Elinor tells them.

"The moonstone"

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Colette, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each"

"And where do I fit into it?" Eliot asks.

"The final part of the ritual" Elinor takes a wooden box from the shelf "Colette must drink the blood of the doppelganger...to the point of your death"

Demi looks at Eliot. Stella takes his hand, and he looks at her. Elinor opens the box and takes a jar from it.

"And that's where you come in" Eliot tells her.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Kaspian. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation"

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't"

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Demi looks at Eliot "You want to come back to life, what about Jane's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelganger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work" Elinor tells them.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Eliot?" Demi asks.

"Then I guess I'll just be dead" Eliot shrugs. Demi looks at Stella, she shrugs at her. Demi looks at Elinor and leaves.

"Do we know if Colette has everything she needs to do this? Does she have a werewolf?" Eliot asks Elinor.

"Colette has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If she doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, she will"

**********

Eliot joins Elinor in the library. "You'd think she'd understand why I'm willing to do this" Eliot touches the elixir bottle and lifts it upright.

"Why are you?"

"I'm the key to breaking the curse. Colette is here because of me. If I don't stop her, then she's going to hurt people. It's that simple"

"You know, there's a possibility this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you" Elinor tells him.