3x05 - The Reckoning

Picture of Taylor Lockwood

High School

It's nighttime. The school is empty. Macy is exercising. She stops for a rest and hears a noise. She gets up and walks through the school. She finally enters a classroom. It's dark inside, and when she steps inside she sets off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. She turns on the light. Taylor, Carlisle, Eliot and Benny are here setting the traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Carlisle complains.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Taylor asks her.

"Clearly"

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year"

"yeah, Macy. If I'm doing this, you're doing this" Eliot tells her.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this"

"Carlisle's making us" Benny tells her.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Eliot finishes for Carlisle.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care" Carlisle tells them.

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank" Taylor takes her bag and leaves. Eliot's about to leave too.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Benny asks him.

"To superglue Althea's desk shut. I'm making memories" Eliot smiles.

"I love you!" Carlisle smiles too.

Eliot goes out of the classroom and sees Taylor giving instructions to other students whil she hands them rolls of saran wraps. Eliot laughs and opens some double doors, then finds himself face-to-face with Colette.

"There's my boy"

"Colette!" He gasps, he turns around and tries to run. But she's already in front of him "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

**********

Demi's Car

Demi and Kasper are in a car. She's driving.

"Are you hungry? Let's stop for a bite. A truck stop. Or a trucker." Kasper asks her.

"Oh, stop being cute"

"It's not possible"

"We've been driving around aimlessly for hours. Where are we going?" Demi asks.

"Far enough away so that you can't go running back"

"Not to worry. Mystic Falls and I are on a bit of a break"

"You and Mystic Falls, or you and Eliot?" Kasper asks her.

"Let's just say Eliot and I are having a bit of difference of opinion on how I should behave"

"Ooh. Let me guess...Eliot wants you to be the hero, and you don't like playing pretend" Kasper tells her.

"Something like that"

"His loss" They kiss but Demi finally pushes him off of her "What are you doing?" Kasper asks her, shocked.

"I thought I'd give it a shot. Truth is, you just don't do it for me anymore"