3x09 - Homecoming

Picture of Kasper Pierce

Salvatore Boarding House

Stella is calling Colette, who is in the woods in Portland. "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves" Colette answers the phone.

"Your father is dead" Stella deadpans.

"What did you say to me?" Colette drops her smile.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stella asks.

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened"

**********

One hour earlier

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Eliot in here. He tried to grab him, so he could use him as bait" Stella says.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Eliot asks.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an original. To make it realistic" Demi corrects him.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger" Stella continues.

"Which he planned to use on Richard, but instead..." Eliot trails off.

"We drove it through his heart" Stella finishes.

"And what happens when she asks to see Mikael's body?" Eliot asks.

"Good point! You my sister have been compelled to do what Colette says. So the idea is to lure her back here and kill her...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied" Demi tells Stella.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting her back here"

"Colette is smart. If we tell her that Mikael is dead, she'll want proof" Eliot tells them.

"Then I shall be dead" Mikael appears.

"What if she wants to see you in person?" Eliot asks him.

"Well that means our plan is working. Colette will absolutely want to see my body. You lure her here, and I will kill her"

"With what? Those daggers won't work on her" Stella asks.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned" Mikael reveals.

"Where is it?" Stella asks.

Mikael is dipping a dagger in the ashes of the white oak tree "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy"

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you" Mikael hands over the dagger to Eliot.

"Y...You want me to actually dagger you?" Eliot asks, shocked.

"Colette will leave nothing to chance – especially when it comes to trust"

**********

Colette is on the phone with Stella in Portland in the present time. "I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself" Colette hisses.

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever" Stella tells her.

"If you are lying to me Stella, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"