3x17 - Break On Through

Picture of Fiona Mikaelson

Mystic Falls Hospital

Althea is lying down on an MRI couch, about to go into the MRI scanner. Eliot and Matthew are in the control room, preparing to scan her. "What are you looking for?" Eliot asks Matthew.

"I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain her behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it"

"And if it's not?"

"Well, then we'll deal with that too"

A technician slides Althea inside the machine. Althea stares at her reflection in the mirror placed above her.

"When did you suspect her? That it was Althea who was killing all of those people?" Eliot questions him.

"It was after she told me about her ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies" Matthew jokes a little.

"But then, why did you protect her?"

"Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when she and I first met I felt like...I don't know, I – I just kind of want to help her"

Althea continues to stare at her reflection in the mirror in the MRI machine. Her reflection glares down at her, but Althea is not making the same expression. Althea starts to panic. Matthew talks to her over a speaker.

"Everything alright in there?"

Althea closes her eyes and opens them, she stares at her reflection again, its expression is the same as hers "Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay"

After the scan, Althea is in a regular hospital room getting ready to leave. Eliot comes in, "Matthew says that everything is normal"

"Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Bria Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach" Althea snaps, but she stops and looks down at the ring, which is the only thing she hasn't picked back up. "Or I did, and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor who wore that ring"

"Look, I'm gonna call Benny, the rings were made by a Bennet witch so maybe a witch can reverse the damage" Eliot tells her.

Althea pushes the ring towards Eliot, "Take it. I don't want it anymore"

Eliot takes the ring and looks at her. Demi enters the room, "You ready to ditch this house of horrors? Oof, you look terrible"

"Yeah, let me...let me check outta here" Althea leaves the room. Eliot gives Demi a hateful look and leaves too.

**********

Outside, Hospital

Eliot is walking out to his car. Demi is following him, "Don't worry about her, take her out for chicken soup, get her a martini, make sure she doesn't kill anybody"

"What is wrong with you? How could you just go out feeding with Stella like some vampire pub crawl?" Eliot snaps at her.

"Oh right, I thought we were talking about Althea, but of course we're talking about Stella" Demi rolls her eyes.

Eliot turns around and walks up to Demi, "You stood there and let her feed on an innocent girl"

Demi closes the gap between them, "I didn't let her do anything, if you want to get nit-picky about it, I made her"