3x02 - The Hybrid

Picture of Colette Mikaelson

Salvatore Boarding House

Demi is in her bedroom removing all the notes, maps and newspaper cuttings from her closet and listening to the TV news. Eliot arrives.

"Just can't stay away, can you?"

"You've been dodging my calls" Eliot tells her.

"Yeah, well, busy dating a dead fake boyfriend and all"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Happy birthday, Eliot, Stella killed Andy. Cake?"

"She called me, Demi" Eliot reveals.

"What?"

"Stella called me last night"

"Well, what'd she say?" Demi asks.

"She didn't say anything, but it was her. I asked Sheriff Forbes if he would trace the call's origin. It came from Tennessee"

"Where she's binge drinking on the country folk. We went through this, Eliot. Stella's gone. I don't mean geographically" She throws the documents into the unlit fireplace.

"If she was gone, she wouldn't have called" She lights a match and throws it into the fireplace, which starts burning.

**********

Smoky Mountains

Colette and Stella are walking in the mountains. Stella is carrying Ray, unconscious, on her shoulder.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Colette teases her.

"I'm fine"

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great" Stella cuts her off.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend"

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer"

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There" they stop. They found the pack's camp. Stella enters their camp. Everyone looks at her. She puts Ray on the ground and a woman rushes over to him.

"Ray! Oh, my god. What's going on? Who are you?"

Colette joins Stella "The important question is who am I. please forgive the intrusion. My name is Colette"

"You're the hybrid"

Colette smiles "You've heard of me. Fantastic"

**********

Colette and Stella are sitting. Everyone is standing still, looking at Colette and listening. "It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid" Ray wakes up with a gasp. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic"

"What's happening to me?" He asks.

"Stella?" Colette gestures for Stella to take over.

Stella gets up "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die"

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Colette looks at a man "You!" she rushes over to him and bites his forearm. Stella grabs him, throws him on the ground in front of Ray. The woman protests but Colette strangles her.