3x01 - The Birthday

Picture of Andy Starr

Tennessee House

A woman walks outside the house from the kitchen door "Rudy!" She whistles "Rudy, come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you" She bends down and picks up a toy. When she turns around Colette suddenly appears in front of her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, my car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. Eh I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?" Colette asks.

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Huh, yeah..." She pulls her phone from her pocket "Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone"

"Sure" She sighs.

"Soo, I can come in?"

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you"

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting" Colette says, annoyed.

"I'm from Florida"

"Well, that explains it" She grabs her throat and compels her "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea"

**********

In the kitchen another woman is frying food and walks over to the counter with the frying pan "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning."

She turns around and sees the first woman and Colette entering the kitchen. Colette is holding the nape of her neck with one hand, the first woman is sobbing.

"What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here" Colette tells her.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly"

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month. That's what I thought. Where is he now?" She doesn't answer "If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm" Colette smiles.

The other woman runs out of the kitchen and opens the front door, but Stella is standing in the door way. She screams.

"I love it when they run!" Colette and the first woman come up behind her.

The other woman gives up "He's in Toll. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's on highway 41"

"Thank you, my love" Colette touches the first woman's hair "Now, may my friend come in?"

"Yes" She cries. The other woman looks terrified and Stella goes in. Colette pushes the first woman to Stella.

"Kill this one quickly" She looks at the other woman "And make that one suffer. I'll be in the car" Colette leaves with a grin and the women are crying.

"Please don't!" Stella just looks at her and transforms. She bites her, and she screams. The other woman screams too. Outside the house, Colette is walking to the car, smiling.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Demi is taking a bath. Andy is freshening up in the mirror. Demi pours herself some champagne but finds that the bottle is empty. "We're out of champagne"