3x18 - The Murder Of One

Picture of Demi Salvatore

Althea's Apartment

It's morning. Eliot walks up the stairs carrying breakfast for Althea. He knocks on the door and Demi answers it. "Morning sunshine"

"Hey, how's Althea" Eliot moves to enter the apartment, but Demi closes the door slightly to block his way.

"Indecent, but fine"

"So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?"

"Nope. Slept like a baby, woke up Althea. No head minds about dead council members"

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" Eliot squints at her suspiciously.

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky. What'd you bring me?" Demi takes the bag from him and sniffs it, "Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through her stomach"

Eliot takes the bag back from her, "They're not for you"

"Fine. Keep convincing yourself you're still mad at me. But sadly, Thea's gonna have to miss Eliot time today. You know lockdown and all"

"Just take it and give it to her and tell her that I miss her, okay?" Eliot hands Demi the bag of muffins.

"With pleasure"

"Please"

Demi starts to shut the door on him, "Have a great day, thanks for coming"

"Dem..." Eliot gets cut off as Demi closes the door and walks over to Thea and Stella who are standing by a miter saw with the wickery bridge sign. She listens to Eliot leaving.

"Walking down the stairs, opening the front door, and he's gone" Demi tells them. Althea turns the saw on and lowers the saw and begins to cut the sign.

**********

Later, Demi, Althea, and Stella are creating stakes from the wickery bridge sign. Stella looks at one of the stakes. "This needs to have a sharper point" she hands the stake to Demi.

"I got it"

"We finally have our own stakes to kill an original. I'm not gonna miss because you can't whittle"

"I said it got it. stop micromanaging" Demi sharpens the point of the stake.

Althea puts on her jacket, "Looks like you guys have got this under control. I'm gonna call the sheriff" Demi and Stella look at her, "I want to turn myself in"

"No, you don't" Demi tells her.

"I have a homicidal alter ego. Unlike some people in this room, I would like to take responsibility for the people I've killed" Althea tells her.

"If you wanted to turn yourself in, you wouldn't be saying it out loud. Just saying" Demi points out.

"Hey, listen, out of all the people you cannot psychoanalyze me. I killed Carlisle's mother; I nearly killed Matthew. Everything's changed"

"Look, you're not turning yourself in. Benny's herbs are working, and we have originals to kill" Stella tells her.

"Her morals get very questionable when she has revenge on the brain" Demi explains to Althea.

"Colette needs to die. We finally have the chance to kill her, so you are not turning yourself in" Stella repeats.

Demi gets up and turns to Althea and hands her ring "Here's your ring, Thea. Put it on"