3x19 - Heart Of Darkness

Picture of Kia Mikaelson

Salvatore Boarding House

Eliot walks down the stairs into the basement with a bag. He approaches the door to one of the cells and peers through the barred door window. "Althea?"

"Yep. Still me" Eliot unlocks the door and enters the cell. Althea is sitting on a cot in the room, "You know, you shouldn't be in here. It defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing"

Eliot drops the bag on the ground, "Well, you still need the basics. Toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep"

Althea picks up one of the books and hands it to Eliot, "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?"

"What? No, I grabbed...Demi" He drops the book on the floor, "Thinks she's hilarious"

"At least one of us still has a sense of humor" Althea tells him.

"Are you sure that you...? I mean you don't have to be kept in here"

"Ah, no, this is...this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to fess up to where I or she hid the white oak stake"

"We looked everywhere. You...the other you, hid it well" Eliot tells her.

"What's Colette gonna go if you can't find it?"

"It's the only thing that will kill her, so wage war, murder people, you know Colette stuff" Eliot pulls up a chair and sits down on it, "Listen, Stella is gonna watch over you for a little while. Now that Colette knows where Jemma is, it's not safe so, Demi and I are gonna go to Denver to pick her up"

"Why do you say that like you're waiting for me to disapprove?" Althea asks him.

"I don't know. Me and Demi. Traveling across the country"

"I guess I'm more curious to hear what Stella has to say about it"

"Actually, it was her idea. She thinks that I have some unresolved feelings for Demi" Eliot explains.

"Do you?"

"I guess that's why I'm going on this trip. So I can figure it out"

**********

Upstairs, Stella is standing in front of the fireplace, staring into the flames. Demi is bringing luggage down for the trip. "You hear from Colette?"

"Not yet. I'm sure I will soon though" Stella picks up the white oak stake, "She's expecting me to deliver two stakes, I only have one"

"Well, that's gonna be disappointing for her"

"I'll get it out of Althea. I just need some time" Stella tells her confidently.

"I like that confidence, Stella. I don't share it, but I like it"

"You don't think I can do what it takes"

"Well, you're good Stella again. You're in control. Sorry, you might get the guy, but you lose the edge. Speaking of..." Demi trails off as Eliot walks into the room, "Have you ever flown first class?" Demi asks him.

"Who did you have to compel for that?" Eliot asks her.

"Pft, please. I use smiles" Demi picks up the luggage and walks out the door.

Eliot looks at Stella, "Stella..."

"Be safe" Eliot stares at her for a moment, and then walks out the door.