Chapter Thirty-Two

Ivar's mighty army rides in through the gates. I stood beside Ivar in his chariot, I saw his dark self not leaving and it made me nervous. His eyes showed nothing but evilness.

Villagers surrounded us as the cheriot stops. "People of Kattegat, I am Ivar The Boneless!" Ivar shouted. Everyone knew what that meant and they bowed down to him.

He soaked in the power and got drunk on it. That night I sat and watched men fighting as others cheer. Many people drank with glory in the great hall. Ivar decided to relieve himself on Lagertha's thrown.

All the chaotic actions made me feel overwhelmed. My thralls stayed close to my side. They trusted me, I felt that.

"To kategett!" Harald cheered raising his horn. Others repeat his chant. "The greatest prize ever won."

Ivar turn to Harald and sat down on the step. "As long as Lagertha remains alive than I have not had my revenge. But I still have the whole feeling inside."

"Don't nt worry, how long do they think they can escape us? We have scouts everwhere." Harald drunkly got everyones attention again. "Warriors it is time for another toast to Ivar the boneless."

"bring in the queen!" Ivar hollered over peoples loud cheering for their king.

A goat with a crown is placed on the thrown. Ivar playfully tries to give it his horn to drink. I felt bad for the poor animal.

"Hail the queen! Hail the queen!!" Harald demanded. Everyone mocked the fallen queen.

My mother enters the hall and room goes quiet. People made a clearing for her. She stood tall as she approached me.

I happily pulled her into a tight hug. Ivar had an angry look on his face but tried his best to ignore my mother, he was going to keep his promise to me.

"You've grown!" She chuckled. Everyone relaxed and went back to what they were doing.

"Yes. She's starting to grow more and more everyday, I had to get new clothes." I blushed.

My mother tried to redirect her gaze onto Ivar. "Congratulations King Ivar." She forced from her mouth. She didn't leave like the others, surely it was because she still had family and she knew I would protect her.

The first night was the strangest. Ivar landed on our new large bed. I was nervous to undress, the doorway had a net certain. I requested for a changing screen that a servant came in with. I thanked them and went behind my secret corner and started to untie my strings.

"I don't like that thing." I heard Ivar complain as he had a man take his braces off.

"Only because you can't see me undress, you pig." I teased as I slip on my large nightgown for my growing stomach. I come out and the man tried his best to not look at the soon to be queen. He was scared of Ivar and I understand why.

I sat at the mirror and brushed out my hair. I could see Ivar staring at me intensely. I look at him through the mirror as the man finished up taking his braces off for the night. I was afraid Ivar would never use his arms again. He would soon have a servant to hand feed him and wipe his butt.

"Strange to be in this room. Your mother would have never let me stay over." I smirked as the man bowed and left the room. Leaving me alone with the new king.

Ivar crawled into bed but he wasn't ready to go to bed. "Calder would and he would play with Ubbe and Hvitserk, they would be annoying. They never slept, only played."

"I remember when I got older I was invited to a girls home, a few girls went and we talked about boys we thought were cute and showed off our embroidery." I stood up and walked over to the bed. It was so soft and sweet. "I was asked about the young princes, they wanted to know what Ubbe was like and what kind of girls do they want to marry. I was only invited because I knew you boys, they never cared about me. They actually called me weird for wanting to learn to fight and to not stay at home and cook. They thought I was an embarrassment." I looked over at Ivar who started to come close to kiss my neck. "But I saw them standing before me and it was such a thrill."