Chapter Fourteen:

**Ingrid's POV**

I felt my huaband, Dagfinn wrap his arms around my waist. I had missed him so much.

I thought we were going to spend our time alone in bed, but then he spoke. "I've thought about it and I'm not sure, Halfrid should go." I instantly frown and turn to face him. He had worry written all over his face. "She is not a woman yet in my eyes. She is still developing."

"Dagfinn, she is a woman now. She should be treated like one. Once Calder turned into a man we treated him like one, why is Halfrid any different?" I asked angrily.

"Because Ingrid, look at her! She looks so much like a child! She's not ready. She should still be here, doing her chores and complaining."

I sighed sharply. I saw what was going on. My big, strong husband couldn't let our youngest go.

"I think you're not ready, my love." I smirked up at him as his eyebrows fuses together. "I have trouble at times to see her as a woman too, but her actions only prove that she is ready. She could take down two men twice her size. She will terrify those Englishmen. My love, she's like a fox."

Dagfinn sighed deeply and went to go out the back door, as he opens the door, he just stared out of the doorway with wide eyes.

I walked over to see what he was staring at, it was Halfrid and Calder fighting in the open field. She had her older brother on the ground with her sword pointing at his throat.

"I think you might be right." Dagfinn admitted.

"No matter how well of a fighter she is, she's not interested in marriage." I sighed sadly.

"She just turned into a woman, Ingrid. Give her time, soon she'll want to settle. For now, let her explore. I'm hoping once she ready, we can rearrange Hvitserk and Halfrid into a marriage." Dagfinn shrugged.

I gasped and look up at him in disbelief. "Do you think that's possible?"

"I was Ragnar's friend, our son grew up with his, surely it is."

"Anything is better than Ivar. He's been very possessive of her. Worse than when they were children."

"Ivar may be a crazy cripple, but he is high in status. That could help all of us. As long as we can make her presentable for one of Ragnarssons, I do not care which one it is."

"Surely one of them will find her attractive. Perhaps we should have Calder arrange something."

Dagfinn beckoned the idea away. "Later on, let her grow for now."

"We need to secure our chance." I demanded.

"Not yet, Ingrid." He growled. "Don't be forceful. It has be gradual. Our love didn't happen overnight."

"I suppose not." I sighed.

He kissed my head before leaving to join the kids in the backyard. I could hear Halfrid screech playfully. If Halfrid wasn't ready for marriage, at least Calder was.

**Halfrid's POV**

I went to the market to get some items for mother. She wanted to make something special for dinner to celebrate father and Calder's return.

I felt the gemstones in the pendant Calder got me while pillaging. It was so beautiful, I couldn't help but show it off.

I looked at some jewelry that couldn't compare to mine. My eyes noticed Calder kissing a blonde girl against a post. He started whispering things in her ear which made her giggle.

I had seen him with many girls, but for a few days I continuously spot him with this particular blonde. She dressed in armor which made me know that she was a shield maiden for Queen Lagertha.

Weaknesses Can Be Strengths (Ivar The Boneless Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara