Chapter Eleven:

**Ingrid's POV**

I travel on horseback to Ragnarssons cabin, it was quicker and I only had a small break to get my point across.

When I arrived Ubbe was chopping wood.  He instantly stopped and looked at me with big eyes.

I got off the horse and gave it some sugar cubes before greeting the eldest son.

"What brings you here, Ingrid?" He asked me.

I had no hard feelings towards most of Ragnarssons, I thought they were wonderful warriors- all but Ivar. I felt bad for him until he took a young boys life. Like any parent I worried about my children's lives. I knew Calder was safe as long as he only spoke to Ubbe, Sigurd, and Hvitserk. But Halfrid gravitated towards Ivar. She had no sense of danger around him.

"Your brother, Ivar. Where is he." I demanded an answer.

"Inside, may I ask what this is about?" Ubbe asked politely.

"No." I replied bluntly before continuing to enter the cabin. I saw Sigurd and Ivar eating at a small table.

Sigurd looked more nervous than Ivar. He only glanced at me before continuing to shove food into his mouth.

I shut the door and proceeded towards them. I stood tall beside Ivar. I tried to stay poise and calm.

"What brings you here, Ingrid?" Sigurd asked.

I didn't remove my eyes from Ivar. "I have a feeling you know." Ivar continued to ignore my presence until he finish his meal. He pushed his bowl away and looked up at me with an innocent smile.

"You look so much better afar. I suppose you're just aging." Ivar shrugged nonchalantly.

"Ivar," Sigurd warned.

"What, sister?" He teased bitterly.

"Ivar, I'll be frank with you because I know you have a short attention span." I spoke. "I'm telling you kindly to leave my daughter alone. She is to marry a man who can bring prosperity to the family. That's not you. Do not bother my match making again."

Ivar had a stupid smile on his face. "I'm not interested in your ugly daughter. I just love to watch you fall apart. And your daughter wanted me to kill him, I could tell by the look in her eyes. I did her a favor."

"I don't care what she wants, she'll understand once she's older. As for you, stay away. I don't want you near her anymore. You bring nothing but dishonor."

As I walked away I could hear the subtleties of Ivar pulling out a weapon. When I sense he threw it, I ducked- just in time for the dagger to ascend into the door.

I proceeded to walk out the door before another dagger it the door.

Ivar was a boy eith a bad temper, and his colors were true. I shouldn't of ever let him near my daughter. It was reckless of me to pity such a terrible creature. He is a cripple, barely human in my eyes.

He should of been killed, then my daughter would be obedient and sweet, just like she used to be.

As I continued back to the fortress I heard grunting and clinging of metal. I follow the noise to find Halfrid fighting two people at once. My heart leaped and I began to panic. I hoped they didn't hurt my tiny girl. She looked like a child compared to the other women. But her counter attacks were swift and had eyes in the back of her head. She managed both to fall in defeat.

Her father will be proud to see what has come of her. Her and Calder were practically equals now. Both were wonderful fighters. I'd love to see her go on a raid- far from Ivar. I know she'd be much safer with her father.