Chapter 53

Jimin

He smiled as he put down his phone. Jungkook's reassuring message was enough to slightly lift the heavy worries weighing down on his chest, and perhaps that would be enough to let him sleep that night. He considered calling up his mother because he so desperately just wanted to tell her everything that was happening involving just everything and everyone, but even if time had moved backwards slightly Jimin in no way wanted to involve his mother in the already complicated, dangerous situation.
The room which himself and Yoongi were sleeping in was small but nicely decorated with orange walls, very square like furniture, and huge windows overlooking the city. Like he had told his lover, it really was beautiful, and as he sat cross-legged on his bed he imagined being side by side with the bionic as he took in the view below him.

He heard a door open and close as Yoongi walked back into the room with a towel draped over his head. "You okay Chim?"

Jimin nodded, trying his very best to hide the hurt in his voice. "Yeah, I'm good. What about you?"

Yoongi took in a breath as he sat on the edge of his bed, staring down at his pale hands. "I could be better."

"Me too."

"Didn't you just say you were good." Yoongi chuckled, his words more of a statement than a question.

"Yeah...I lied."

His friend breathed out, gripping the towel and pulling it down to his lap. "I hate liars."

Something in what he said sounded nostalgic and known, and Jimin replied by also breathing out, and turning back to the window. Yoongi stood up and turned the lights off, and he could here the shuffling of the quilts as he settled into his bed. Jimin didn't want to move. He didn't want to look away from the city because he didn't want to leave his mind vulnerable to all his worries.

"Jimin?"

"Yeah?"

It was silent momentarily, while the older remained still in his bed, and while Jimin remained huddled up on the edge of his own bed with his knees pulled to his chest. "I just don't know."

Jimin frowned, and turned to his friend. "What do you mean?"

"I just..."

It was dark, and Jimin could barely see Yoongi's face despite the city lights behind him. All he could see was the silhouette of his small face semi beneath the sheets. "Hyung?"

"I'm so scared Jimin."

At the comment, the younger immediately stood up from his bed and jumped into Yoongi's, forcing himself underneath the covers and turning to his friend. His heart was racing, and he could feel his throat ache and throb from the sensation of his threatening tears. From that one sentence, he had heard the utter desperation and vulnerability in his friends voice, and it was unnatural to hear such a voice coming from a strong-willed person.

Placing his hand on Yoongi's arm, he swallowed and tried find his eyes in the darkness. "It'll be okay."

"You don't know that."

"I do! It'll be okay, I promise."

"Jimin, I..." He paused, and Jimin could hear his voice quiver.
"I'm honestly terrified, I feel like I'm going to be sick."

Jimin kept his breathing slow as he tried to find the right words to reply. "Me too...I know everything will work out in the end but I'm still scared."

"I..."

"Hyung?"

With his hand still pressed to his arm, Jimin could feel subtle shudders from his shoulders resonating from the silent sobs coming from his friend, and that just about did it. He squeezed his eyes shut as he pulled Yoongi closer, allowing the stream of tears to fall down his cheeks too as he buried his face into his friend's chest.