Chapter 50

Jimin

"Have you got everything?"

"Um...I think so..." The blonde man zipped his overnight bag before turning to the younger. Jungkook was wearing a loose white tee shirt and sweatpants, with a worried expression across his face. Jimin tried to smile, while reaching and gently rubbing his arm to comfort him. "Jungkook, I'll be back before you know it."

"It's dangerous. I should be coming with you." The bionic sucked in a heavy breath, almost glaring at the older who sighed before looking at his feet.

"If you went, you'd be in more trouble than I would be in."

"If I went, you'd be one hundred percent safe."

"One hundred percent?"

The younger paused. "Ninety two point seven percent safe."

Jimin smiled for real this time, tugging on the fabric of the bionics shirt while gazing up into his eyes. Jungkook then swooped in for a hug, wrapping his strong arms around the smaller while burying his head into the crook of his neck. Jimin sighed against him, and closed his eyes.

"Be safe," he heard the younger whisper.

"...I will."

"I love you."

The older bit his lip, as he felt the urge to cry become suddenly stronger. "I love you more."

Jungkook swiftly pulled away and looked down at Jimin with a frown. "How could you know that?"

"I just do," Jimin said teasingly.

"You can't say things like that hyung!"

The older stuck out his tongue. "I just did."

With a pained smile, Jungkook leant forward before pulling on Jimin's tongue with his lips. "Well, you shouldn't say things like that."

"Why not?"

The younger rested his chin on top of Jimin's head, inhaling as he spoke, this time seriously. "Jokes aside, I don't know much about love, and I don't know much about people per say. But if what I think I'm feeling is really as infinite as I think, then no level of measurement could be used to compare two people's love for one another."

Jimin squeezed his eyes shut, pushing his cheek as far against the bionics chest as possible.

"W-well that is, I'm presuming that you really feel the same about me too," the younger stuttered.

"Hehe, do you even need to question that?" Jimin leant back to softly press his lips against the younger's, closing his eyes as he felt himself melt against the taller man who clutched at his waist to support the weight of the kiss.

They pulled away, staring into each other's eyes. Jungkook was the one to break the silence. "I guess not."

Jungkook was right. Even without words, Jimin could feel it all, just by meeting the younger's intense gaze. No words were needed. And it gave Jimin the strength to move away from the bionic and head towards the door.

"Call me, as soon as you get there."

Jimin smiled. "I promise."

"Text me, on the way there."

"I will."

"Jimin, if anything happens-"

The younger looked down, his fists clenched at either side of him. Jimin walked back over, caressing his cheeks with his palms. "It'll be okay. I promise."