Chapter 20

ヽ(°◇° )ノ

Jimin

He and Jungkook were sat inside that day. The past couple days had been wet and windy, in terms of the weather of course. Jimin was getting frustrated with the snow because he really missed the sun. He did like to be doing something at times, but then again, he missed the days where he could just sit inside listening to music with the sunlight streaming across the room without worrying about someone or something.
For the past 4 years, everything had been nonstop, and while he and Jungkook were laid on the sofa watching another movie, he took a breath and tried to push his worries aside.

He eyed the bionic next to him. They had chosen another action film, and the second iron man film had easily captured the bionc's attention.

"Jungkook?"

"Hm?"

"Never mind."

Jimin rested his head against Jungkook's shoulder again, and tried to focus on the movie. He had thought about what Taemin hyung had said a few days ago, and wasn't really sure what to do. He could pursue what he had started to feel; he couldn't deny the attraction he felt for Jungkook. If he only saw Jungkook maybe a few hours a day, the situation would probably be different and he would definitely be able to control himself.
But they live with eachother, and see eachother all the time, and they will do for a while.

Jimin found it amazing how quickly one thing could lead to another. The fact that Jungkook was a bionic was probably the reason why he knew he could trust him so easily, and be so close to him like he was right now, because he knew he couldn't hurt him.

He looked up again, and watched Jungkook for a while. The bionics eyes were squinted in awe at the films graphics and animation, and he wasn't moving at all.
Jimin could stare at him all day. He really looked so perfect, and it amazes him how he used to be human. Bionics have this...otherworldly feel even though they used to be human, so Jimin had been ignorantly blinded by the convenience of Jungkook being so handsome because he was a bionic.
But, that wasn't the case.
He had always looked like this, even as a human.

"Kookie?" Jungkook turned to him at the use of his nickname and their noses touched. Jimin realised he was still leant toward him, and immediately turned away. "Do you remember what you used to be like? Before you became a bionic?"

"No, not at all. We have our memories wiped so they don't affect our present goals."

"But don't you want to see the old people in your life?"

"It's never really something I think about. I am a bionic now, and if I took my own life as a human then why would I want to look back on the past when it won't be something pleasant?"

"You took your own life?! Didn't anyone tell you why?"

Jungkook shook his head. "The scientist who woke me up liked to keep things annonymous."

Jimin slouched into the sofa. "That's not fair, you deserve to know who you used to be. I would want to know 100%."

"But you're a regular human, Jiminie. I'm not."

There was a brief silence. Jimin felt sorrowful for the man sitting beside him, who lacked in so many things to become something else altogether.

"Do you...feel anything? At all?" Jimin hesitantly mumbled.

"Yes. I think so."

"Have you always felt 'something'?"

"No. When I woke up outside the convenience store, it was the first time I really thought about my emotions. I'm sure it was because I was defected in some way. That's why...I'm here now I guess."